Smoking whilst fasting - nutty?

Can you smoke a cigar whilst in a fasted state?

I'm wondering what the effect will be on a totally empty stomach.

Good idea? Bad idea?

If it's not a terrible idea, which of the following would be the best for the situation?

H Upmann Half Corona

Inka Cristales

Trinidad Reyes

Rafael Gonzales (not sure which 5' about 44)

Punch Petit Coronas.

I've only ever had two cigars so far, and would like my third later today - but I won't be eating today....

So - any suggestions?

Cheers in advance,

Andrew

I often have a morning smoke at the weekend with a couple of coffees before I even think about breakfast; usually a long skinny. A lot of people dont smoke on an empty stomach as the nicotine can make them queasy. I've never had an issue with it myself, guess I'm used to it being an ex cig smoker.

You should be fine if your only smoking the smaller cigars listed above, id go for the half corona or reyes.

Tobacco/Nicotine is said to be an appetite suppressant as well so you may even find that it aids your fast!

Although, coming from the same situation as potpest - I'm also an ex cig smoker so am used to being able to smoke having not eaten anything.

I guess it would depend a bit on your sensitivity to nicotine. I find if I smoke a few on an empty stomach I may get the hiccups but a sugary food or drink clears it up pretty quick. Would definitely go with the smaller smokes

Ended up eating in the end - although not much.

Had the Trinidad and it sat me on my arse!

Think I may be very sensitive to nicotine, with having never smoked before.

Sugar to the rescue!

Have been intermittent fasting for two months (eating in the pm only) and generally start with a Partagas Short and coffee or tea. But yes a bigger stronger nicotine (or caffeine) dose could make me dizzy.

Trinidad is an exceptional cigar for later in the day with a full belly.

Have been intermittent fasting for two months (eating in the pm only) and generally start with a Partagas Short and coffee or tea. But yes a bigger stronger nicotine (or caffeine) dose could make me dizzy.

I've been toying with alternate day fasting - but yesterday I just couldn't do it....

Am wondering if there are lighter, but decent cc's to look for that might be good for fasting days.

I'll have a look for the Partegas short.

I'd suggest Hoyo de Monterrey or montechristo maybe for lighter smokes but there are many more knowledgable than me here.

I find parti shorts to be quite full bodied, very good but not on an empty stomach. Especially with little resistance to nicotine

Ask Lord Anubis he smoked during Ramadan I think he was still smoking big cigars!

Nah i didnt smoke during ramadhan. Had a few big ones after the end of ramadhan though. But that was atter a huge feasting day :P

No cigars for me for a month now, and i haven't smoked at all for the last week and a bit too.

• Like 2

I've been toying with alternate day fasting - but yesterday I just couldn't do it....

Am wondering if there are lighter, but decent cc's to look for that might be good for fasting days.

I'll have a look for the Partegas short.

I don't alternate days though that is fine. But eating only up to 6 hours daily has changed my life powerfully.

I'm ok smoking cigars without eating. Oftentimes during the week I'll smoke a cigar in the morning with coffee and before breakfast.

But that's me. And I don't fast.

Try everyone on your list and see which has least effect for the next time you fast would be my only advice. Otherwise I'm no help at all in this post.

Nah i didnt smoke during ramadhan. Had a few big ones after the end of ramadhan though. But that was atter a huge feasting day :P

No cigars for me for a month now, and i haven't smoked at all for the last week and a bit too.

Ah ok mix up. After a feast sounds much better!

I did intermittent fasting for about 6 months a couple of years ago. Very effective. Only smoked after meals though!

Im good with having cigars without eating. A lot of the times when I go golfing in the early morning. I also have a cigar throughout the round many times on an empty stomach.

It won't be until late afternoon when or when I finis the round when I get something to eat.

I've realised I'm going to have to avoid smoking whilst fasting, as I have less than zero tolerance for nicotine!

It'll give me something to look forward to :D

• 2 weeks later...