You hit the honey jackpot.....Question?

As for the specifiv chemical/group of chemicals that produces a sweet/creamy flavour and effect, I don't know but there's probably more too it than simply more sugars in the tobacco, after all most of it is burnt before we taste it.

Agreed; this sounds like common sense, actually.

An other point: there are several types of sweetness IMO; the "white sugar" sensation of a good Trinidad robusto extra is completely different from the sugarcane/rum like sweetness of a well aged Partagas, or the honey from a SLR Serie A or PL Magnificos…

Just about a month ago, I had a RA Extra 2011 that was so sweet it blew my mind. I only have about 10 left and hadn't experienced that taste prior to that particular stick. Whatever caused it I don't know but, it was phenomenal.

I've had quite a few cigars that hit that cream bomb moment, but what I really remember is when they start and stay that way till the end.

The Winnie I got in the blind tasting was spectacular, a vanilla cream bomb all the way. And a 08 Esplendido I lit up when it was very young because it was damaged, was like smoking a piece of sugarcane.

Might be a good thing they can't box these bombs, instead of 3 a day I'd probably be a chain smoker.

Very interesting topic. I have never had that particular experience with CCs but have had it twice with non cubans. I have seen plenty of youtube videos of rollers putting the blend together, grinding away stick after stick. Leaves are segregated by type but color, thickness and texture can sometimes be misleading. An atypical seco leaf might look like volado (on the thinner side) or liguero (on the thicker and darker side).

Don't you think it could be possible that every now and then, rollers might mistake an atypical leaf for the real thing and roll a double seco-no liguero stick? Would be quite flavorful but milder than usual, with same wrapper thus looking like other sticks in the box...

Don't you think it could be possible that every now and then, rollers might mistake an atypical leaf for the real thing and roll a double seco-no liguero stick? Would be quite flavorful but milder than usual, with same wrapper thus looking like other sticks in the box...

More seco, or no ligero (without a "u") doesn't mean more sweetness. As stated before in this thread it's more complex than a question of amount of leaf X or leaf Y…

Honey isn't a common flavor for me, whether my tongue doesn't find it, or I don't smoke the right marcas (I don't smoke cohiba often, for example, and I hear a lot of those offering honey in their profile).

But this weekend, I had 2 SLR Regios (May 13, GAT), and both had some noticeable honey and sweetness. fruity, floral and honey. Really nice complex, reasonably strong, perfectly constructed smokes (both were twins, which I hope means the rest of the box will be equally as banging!)

Really blew my mind actually. Both cigars are in the top 3 smoked this year, maybe only eclipsed by a B52 I had in the early spring.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a box of PSP Upmann Pc's, code SUB JUL 11, and when I've smoked a few of them I could've sworn i was smoking an Anzac biscuit.

For the non Aussie or Kiwis on this thread, an Anzac biscuit is made with main ingredients of oats, flour, and golden syrup or sometimes I've seen honey used instead.