SLB Versus normal box

I have been reading some information about cigars that come in an SLB instead of a normal box that most cigars come in

Some have indicated that they prefer the cigars that come in the SLB over the other box style.

Is there really a difference in the flavor profile with cigars that come in a SLB... our is this one of those wives tales one hears about from time to time. .

Mike

Mike,

I think most here will agree that cigars will age better in a wooden box as opposed to a dress box. I can't tell a difference in taste with young cigars in either, and I haven't been aging any stock long enough yet to have an opinion on the aging question.

How are those cigars I sent you smoking?

Rich

Is there really a difference in the flavor profile with cigars that come in a SLB... our is this one of those wives tales one hears about from time to time. .

There is absolutely no difference in the flavor profile; but cigars in SLB age more gracefully. Dress box, tubes, SLB 25 or SLB 50, the blend is the same.

It just feels better sliding open the lid of a wood box vs opening up a dress box. Not sure how big of a difference it makes but it just seems like a better way to store cigars for the long term.

Besides cigars in SLB aging well, most cigars in SLB are not box pressed.

I prefer round cigars over boxed pressed cigars whenever I have choice..

+1 on round stogies. And better aging in cedar boxes, cigar on cigar.

• Like 1

Mike,

I think most here will agree that cigars will age better in a wooden box as opposed to a dress box. I can't tell a difference in taste with young cigars in either, and I haven't been aging any stock long enough yet to have an opinion on the aging question.

How are those cigars I sent you smoking?

Rich

Smoking?? You mean smoked!!!! I enjoyed everyone of them. I placed a order from Robs pick of the month Monte #4!!! Thanks to you. .

I have really enjoyed the Bolivar allot but someone I met on this forum lives in the same city as I do and we are doing a box split.

Small world would of never guessed I would of met someone from where I live. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to meeting him when the box arrives

Thanks for all your help in getting Me started in the right direction.

Mike

• Like 1

Smoking?? You mean smoked!!!! I enjoyed everyone of them. I placed a order from Robs pick of the month Monte #4!!! Thanks to you. .

I have really enjoyed the Bolivar allot but someone I met on this forum lives in the same city as I do and we are doing a box split.

Small world would of never guessed I would of met someone from where I live. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to meeting him when the box arrives

Thanks for all your help in getting Me started in the right direction.

Mike

My pleasure, my new friend.

Hang around here for a while and you'll learn a lot from people who have a much more knowledge than I. Great people here, starting at the top.