RIP Rik Mayall

British comedian and actor Rik Mayall has passed away, aged 56. Best known for the comedy sitcom "The Young Ones", "Bottom", "The New Statesman", films "Drop Dead Fred" and "Guest House Paradiso".

RIP

"I feel sorry for you, you zeroes. You nobodies. What’s going to live on after you die. I’ll tell you — nothing! That’s what!

This house will become a shrine! And punks and skins and Rastas will all gather ’round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader! And all the grownups will say, “But why are the kids crying?’ And the kids will say, ‘Haven’t you heard? Rick is dead! The people’s poet is dead!”

Then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, “Why kids? Do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?!”

RIP.

• Like 1

It's a sad and genuinely shocking piece of news to hear A man who played a huge part in defining comedy during the 80's and beyond.Someone that,when he was on our screens,always guaranteed us a laugh.

A true light has gone out.

RIP Rik.

"Darling? That's a funny name for a guy.Last person I called darling was pregnant 20 seconds later"!!

• Like 1

A mate told me today that there are only 12 episodes of The Young Ones. Hardly seems possible as I'm sure I watched this show every week for many years.

RIP

A mate told me today that there are only 12 episodes of The Young Ones. Hardly seems possible as I'm sure I watched this show every week for many years.

RIP

Correct, there were only 12 episodes. Much like Fawlty Towers, you think there were more, but alas, there weren't.