Aristocrat M Plus to arrive Thursday

stogieluver

Talked to Bob today and he said all I need to do is put in the water and let the system work its magic for a couple of days.

Any other suggestions for this size humidor to get it ready for my stock?

Congrats!

Begin thinking about your Tetris strategy.

Beautiful choice, I love mine though should have gone bigger.

Pics, we need pics!

Don't rush it putting your boxes in there, take your time seasoning the humidor.

Good point, I believe I let mine run for 5 days before stocking.....

Look forward to seeing pictures. Hope you are enjoying it. I'm sure you will love yours as much as I love mine. Congrats!!

It arrived as scheduled on Thursday. I'm doing as Bob instructed and am letting the humidifiers run for about five days before I set it up with my boxes. The quality of the workmanship/craftmanship is incredible to behold. A true work of art and an heirloom I will treasure as will others somewhere down the line.

I will post pictures when I get through with the seasoning process.

• Like 1

Congrats mate.

My only suggestion would be not to let it get too wet. Getting water out is far harder than putting it in!!! Consider implementing a good circulation strategy. Cabinet humidors stratify rather quickly and if that is a concern of yours you might want to work on a consummate solution for circulation before filling it with cigars.

Cheers, Piggy

Still letting it sit empty while waiting on the finishing touches to my new cigar room, which is a 12 x 12 bedroom. New reclining leather theatre love seat to arrive on the 28th; new 50" tv to arrive on July 5th. In the mean time, I've completed the painting, new ceiling fan, new ventilation fan, and only have the carpet to clean and let dry completely before placing the new humi in the room. Wall hangings, etc will follow over the next few weeks as acquired.

Piggy, I have had pretty constant readings on the built in digital hygrometer of 62%-64% where it is placed at the top of the humidor. I have placed two reliable hygrometers on the middle and lower shelves, and my readings on them are running around 66%-67%. The ambient rh usually is around 56% in my centrally cooled house, which is cooled to between 70 (15 hours)-73 degrees (9 hours). I'm pretty happy so far with the results, and am curious to see how things will change after I place my inventory of around 30 boxes in the humi, which is supposed to be able to hold 50-60 boxes. Those boxes have been stored in a very stable rh of 65% in a tupperdore for several months.

Still letting it sit empty while waiting on the finishing touches to my new cigar room, which is a 12 x 12 bedroom. New reclining leather theatre love seat to arrive on the 28th; new 50" tv to arrive on July 5th. In the mean time, I've completed the painting, new ceiling fan, new ventilation fan, and only have the carpet to clean and let dry completely before placing the new humi in the room. Wall hangings, etc will follow over the next few weeks as acquired.

Did you win the lottery! Sounds like you're rocking the man cave!

I know you're gonna love it once everything's settled in. When can I come by for a smoke? party.gif

If I won the lottery, it wouldn't be a 12 x 12 converted bedroom, LOL. But I can't wait for it to be finished (or mostly finished) in about two more weeks.

And you are certainly welcome anytime to stop by for a smoke. Come one, come all. cigar.gif

If I won the lottery, it wouldn't be a 12 x 12 converted bedroom, LOL. But I can't wait for it to be finished (or mostly finished) in about two more weeks.

And you are certainly welcome anytime to stop by for a smoke. Come one, come all. cigar.gif

Folks lived in Gulf Shores for years so used to get there pretty regularly. They moved to Augusta a few years back so haven't been in quite some time.

If I do find my way down there I will definitely give you a shout. Feel free to do same if you come through Atlanta.

… not hat I want to be a pain in the arse… but carpet in a smoking room is gonna' start to stink pretty harshly! While you are gutting the place you might just want to opt for some solid surface flooring. If the room is attached to the main house, even leaving the door open may cause complaints from the spouse or other family members. Old cigar stench is pretty bad, even for most smokers. Just an FYI…

Congrats again on the room. My 'man cave' has become Piggy's lab! The birthplace of CigarClimatology… The Dupont was replaced by a soldering iron, and the Lazyboy by a CNC… The good news is that I can drop ashes on the floor and mix them with plastic chips before I sweep them up…

Cheers -the Pig

… not hat I want to be a pain in the arse… but carpet in a smoking room is gonna' start to stink pretty harshly! While you are gutting the place you might just want to opt for some solid surface flooring. If the room is attached to the main house, even leaving the door open may cause complaints from the spouse or other family members. Old cigar stench is pretty bad, even for most smokers. Just an FYI…

Congrats again on the room. My 'man cave' has become Piggy's lab! The birthplace of CigarClimatology… The Dupont was replaced by a soldering iron, and the Lazyboy by a CNC… The good news is that I can drop ashes on the floor and mix them with plastic chips before I sweep them up…

Cheers -the Pig

I was thinking the same thing, I'd put in hard wood and avoid any kind if fabric on chairs, carpet or drapes.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd put in hard wood and avoid any kind if fabric on chairs, carpet or drapes.

Yep, leather and wood. Wooden blinds vs. curtains. You'll be glad you did.

Cheers -the Pig

Funny you mention that, Piggy. The wife and I were just discussing the carpet vs wood floor thing. We did put wooden blinds in, and the furniture will be all leather and wood.

Sitting here in my new cigar room smoking a BPC, drinking a Cuba Libre, and wishing my new tv was hooked up. It will be next Saturday.

This room is slowly coming together, and I should be finished with it sometime next weekend. I'll take pictures and attempt to upload them.

Loving this new cigar room. Not very large, but it is a small slice of CC smoking heaven.

• Like 2

How heavy is your Humidor cabinet?

Bob said my Aristocrat Wide foot print THC cabinent would require two men to move, Im hoping I can give FedEx driver $20 to help me out.

Mine is due to ship in two weeks, I'm beyond excited and hoping I can start acquiring more CC's to age in it.

How heavy is your Humidor cabinet?

Bob said my Aristocrat Wide foot print THC cabinent would require two men to move, Im hoping I can give FedEx driver $20 to help me out.

Mine is due to ship in two weeks, I'm beyond excited and hoping I can start acquiring more CC's to age in it.

… you might consider a moving dolly. They are generally less than 20 bucks. Have the driver drop the box on the dolly in the event you cannot find help. While it won't be much help in lifting, at least you can wheel it around and put it in a safe place like a garage until you get some help.

My 2cts… -the Pig

… you might consider a moving dolly. They are generally less than 20 bucks. Have the driver drop the box on the dolly in the event you cannot find help. While it won't be much help in lifting, at least you can wheel it around and put it in a safe place like a garage until you get some help.

My 2cts… -the Pig

Yep, delivery guy used the pallet mover to get mine in the garage.

5 friends helped me carry it pallbearer style to its final resting place.

It's heavy. I would guess it weighs 200-250 lb's? It came heavily wrapped and on a wooden pallet.

The Fedex driver said he was supposed to deliver it curbside, but that he would take it down my driveway to near the front door. I had already purchased a furniture dolly (also called a piano dolly). I had been told that for$10-$20 the driver would deliver it inside my front door.

As we were unwrapping it for my inspection, he was aware what it was and made a comment about being a cigar smoker. I invited him inside and showed him part of my stash and gave him a BPC. He helped me move it off the pallet and onto my furniture dolly and into my foyer, where I let it season for about a week before loading it up.

I'm so pleased with this humidor. It's holding a steady 63%-65% top to bottom, and it's 48 inches tall. The digital controller reads an almost constant 64%, and two recently calibrated Xikar's place at the bottom and at the top inside the singles drawer both read 65%.

Worth every penny.

Okay, nearly done. Just waiting on a couple more prints for above the sofa and next to the tv. Here are (probably too many) photo's. Sorry for the poor quality. Taken with my iPhone 4.

post-15388-0-30232900-1404275516_thumb.j

post-15388-0-91020100-1404275566_thumb.j

post-15388-0-26666700-1404275596_thumb.j

post-15388-0-67461300-1404275679_thumb.j

post-15388-0-21333800-1404275700_thumb.j

post-15388-0-48238100-1404275730_thumb.j

post-15388-0-74360800-1404275758_thumb.j

post-15388-0-29357900-1404275816_thumb.j

post-15388-0-03300600-1404275864_thumb.j

post-15388-0-29705500-1404275886_thumb.j

post-15388-0-60251100-1404275913_thumb.j

post-15388-0-89485600-1404275942_thumb.j