Paris Advice?

Hi Guys,

I'm off to Paris for a long weekend in May and looking to stop off at some cigar shops while I'm there, has anyone got any recommendations?

Ideally I'm looking to grab a couple of boxes. Can anyone comment on the availability of the following in terms of full boxes and where to grab them:

- El Rey del Mundo - Petit Compania

- Punch - Small Club

- Vegas Robaina - Petit Robusto

- Fonseca - Amateur

Also, have the Juan Lopez - Minutos started showing up yet?

Thanks for the help guys!

Hello MattW,

Just got back from the south of France (Nice, Monaco, Aix Provence) and the only RE I

tried was the El Rey del Mundo - Petit Compania and I did not enjoy it very much.

Maybe it was very young but it ended up being bitter with not much flavor.

I let it go out around the half way mark.

I had some great D4's / D5's, Siglo VI's / Siglo II's (tubo from train station) and

for 99% of my cigar smoking time there I stayed with the old tried and true

smokes. I was in Paris 3 years ago and had a great time, again I stuck

to the basic smokes. In the past my experience with RE's has not been very positive.

Take care and enjoy France ( Paris) before it goes bellyup!

You can not go to Paris without visiting A la Civette 157 Rue Saint Honoré hands down the best cigar shop in Paris. Found some Quai d'orsay Gran Coronas last time i was there.

A La Civette is recommended. They had Fonseca Amateurs and the ERDM Petit Compania in stock when I was there last September. I didn't find any other cigar stores worth mentioning.

i'm not a big fan of la civette

try instead lotus, drugstore publicis and tabac george v

since you're in paris you also should have a smoke in le fumoir noir du huit

63wwas.jpg

• Like 2

Lotus had mostly moldy sticks when I was there...

oops

that's no good

normally, i'll be in paris in june

i'll check it out

i've allways had good experience with regis

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not a big fan of la civette

try instead lotus, drugstore publicis and tabac george v

since you're in paris you also should have a smoke in le fumoir noir du huit

63wwas.jpg

Love the smart phone pic of an old school printed address book (highlighted by hand) and posted via internet on a website thread about traditional and modern Parisian cigar shops! The irony just knocks me over!

• Like 1

Love the smart phone pic of an old school printed address book (highlighted by hand) and posted via internet on a website thread about traditional and modern Parisian cigar shops! The irony just knocks me over!

It is from the french cigar magazine L'Amateur de Cigare (or there yearly havanascope issue) One of the necessitates in a country where you can not order online from or even legally post cigars, need a full list of all retailers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Paris and met with Steve ( CohibaStevie) in Le Lotus coincidentally.

The only French ER still available are Quai dOrsay - Belicoso Royal, Vegas Robaina - Petit Robusto, Juan Lopez - Minuto as a box, for single stick I got Punch Small club, Fonseca Amateur, ERDM - Petite Campana and RA - Especial De Allones

The one that seems totally gone is Quai dOrsay - Robusto Embajador.

I was there about a year and a half ago. I wish I would have had a chance to head to Botique 22. I hear great things. I went to a La Civette...and it was both interesting and disappointing. Interesting in that old stock was mixed in with new stock so you could grab some older LGCs, Cohibas, etc. Humidity had to be high because wrappers were coming off on some....that's about all I should say. CDG airport CC shop had an awesome selection, and a heartbreaking RH which must have been 85 or so %. I hope things have changed. It was sick to see so many great boxes in shambles. Paris is a fun city though and lots of Tabacs have some great stock oddly enough. Enjoy your time there and be safe amigo!

• 5 months later...

I went to A La Civette. Most of the cubans were in very rough shape, as though they had been overhumidified and then dried out. Split ends and unraveling wrappers. Good luck. I was unable to find anythign to buy, the shopkeepers could not have cared less. Prices are high.

Paris is surprisingly unfriendly for cigars. If you're on the left bank, try La Tabatiere Odeon (I think it's on Bl St Germain). Failing that, just go to any newsstand and buy a tubo from the cabinet and take it to the park.

My second visit in October yielded some regionals, but I had to open a couple of boxes before I found one that wasn't moldy. The entire humidor seemed extremely moist. The duty-free at the airport was much better, but the selection is smaller.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post but for newcomers, I recommend against CDG Duty Free ( Caves de Cigares I believe). Humidity was sky high and it took me quite some time to get the sticks smoking well once I got to Greece (over a month) and then home. Had a great punch punch from Civette though.