37 Hilarious Responses To Knighthoods Being Brought Back To Australia

Doesn't one need a King in order to have Knights? confused.gif

Right next to that story, I found one about all the nasties in Australia. Damn we really need to quarantine that place! surprised.gif Only let the cigars out! ok.gif

http://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/pictures-that-prove-australia-is-the-craziest

sadly, bugger all funny about this idiocy.

saw a suggestion that it was trying to embarrass short billy as his mum-in-law first offered and of course accepted (yes, all against the monarchy etc, unless it is to her benefit).

instead, apparently howard declared them anachronistic and said he'd not accept. good on him for that.

bizarre world.

if you wanted to prove to anyone under 50 you were out of touch and looking to return australia to the 50's, this is what you'd do.

also, not a good omen for the republic.

I thought anyone in the commonwealth could get them? ie the canadian guy sir Conrad Black (or is/was he a lord?)

It's only non commonwealth people like bill gates, or certified gobshites like bono who get them bestowed on them but only in honourary terms?

Strange thing to do anyway, that type of thing is more on it's way out over here than getting popular

Tony is hoping he'll be knighted after his one term as PM... if he lasts that long! jester.gif

he'll last. the libs have seen the monumental incompetency of gillard and rudd and the leadership dance (students of aussie political history, in years to come, will simply not believe that happened) and won't be game to risk anything similar. they know the public, even if it dislikes pope tony, won't stand for that crap again

that pair - rudd and gillard - have condemned labor to at least two terms in opposition. it would take a large number of massive cock-ups, far more than anything we have seen so far, to change that.

and to be honest, is there any indication that short billy is even vaguely competent as yet? who will ever forget, 'i have no idea what she said but i completely agree with it'? it makes pope tony look at least adequate.

god save us, either way.