thank god for cigars

so today was the day my girlfriend had her OP.

i had to check her in at 8 a.m. with the drive up it was going to be an early day. i planned to stay with her the whole day. knowing that it was going to be cold and that hospitals aren't the smoke-friendliest

places to have a cigar, where i'm from anyway, i left them at home.

drive was so far so good and we checked in on time. got to the room, she changed in to those very revealing robes and then the wait started.

wait for half an hour for the head-nurse, so she could then explain the schedule for today. except for the surgery time.

wait for the big-king-chief-head doctor for the check up and for the explanation of the procedure.

wait. wait. wait and wait (this being the main reason why i'm not a fan of hospitals) and so far only one hour past.

later, the head-nurse could finally tell me the time for the OP. 11 o'clock. 11 O'CLOCK!?! you got to be kidding me!

well, nothing you can do about it. after a couple minutes they come to pick her up and get her ready.

i walk with them down the hall and all of a sudden the head-nurse tells me that this is as far i can go.

you got to be kidding me!

the head-nurse told me that she'll be finished and in her room again at 12. i check the clock. 9:30.

so, here i am. standing in front of this closed door with anxiety slowly creeping up my spine.

don't get me wrong, this is one of those daily, 99%, kind of surgery. but still.

after 15 minutes the only thing i can think about is "is she alright?". 5 more minutes pass and i think to myself that i have to get out of here and calm. the ****. down.

i leave a note, that i'll be back after lunch, at the reception. as i'm walking out of the hospital i remember that i don't have anything to smoke with me. not exactly nothing. those cohiba minis wouldn't had sufficed anyways.

thank god i'm in the city.

thank god that there's a cigar shop in the city.

and thank god for cigars!!!

walking out of the shop with a smile on the face, two cigars (JLos 2 and RASS) and approximately 2 hours of smoking fun, i head to the only lounge open at this hour.

approximately 2 hours and a few espressos later i head back to the hospital. where my girlfriend was already back in her room. everything went well.

thank god!!!

check the clock. 1 p.m. the head-nurse comes in and tells us that we could leave after the 2 liters of infusion where in her and the anesthetic out of her system. this would take 4 hours. you got to be kidding me!?!

and so the wait continued, but at least i was calm and relaxed again.

thanks for reading this random tail

• Like 2

check the clock. 1 p.m. the head-nurse comes in and tells us that we could leave after the 2 liters of infusion where in her and the anesthetic out of her system. this would take 4 hours. you got to be kidding me!?!

and so the wait continued, but at least i was calm and relaxed again.

thanks for reading this random tail

4 hours! You could have gone back for another smoke or two.....

• Like 1

The last time that I was in a hospital,I was not In for an OP but a strock, Anyway, after, I told the doctor,"Thank you for

saving my life,however,your food Is always disgusting.jester.gif !!!!!!!!! I feel your pain bro..

• Like 1

Too bad hospitals no longer have those smokey rooms for expectant fathers to hang out and celebrate with a cigar. It's like they think second hand smoke is unhealthy or something!

• Like 1