Suspect Magnum 46

ayepatz

2 Upmann Magnum 46s.

post-19958-0-89379300-1395677752_thumb.j

The one on the right was a gift from a cigar-loving friend who knows his stuff, the one on the left was bought from Heathrow terminal 5. It came in a presentation box with a Mag 50, which had a wrapper like the righthand cigar in the pic.

I did a bit of research and found out that the older-style wrappers were used until about 2008 on some 46s, which made me feel a little better, but it feels like a newer cigar to the touch, and it has that slight ammonia smell you sometimes find on young cigars. There is also a big difference in gauge between the 2 cigars, as you can see.

post-19958-0-14271400-1395678368_thumb.j

What think do you guys think? Have I popped my fake cherry?

Don't confuse ammonia with the sweet cedar(almost honey) odour of the Magnums

Subtle ammonia can meld with the tobacco smell and create a cedar smoke. But unfortunately, vice versa as well :?:

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

Band looks fine (don't have one in front of me for comparison). Wrapper looks fine. Triple cap looks fine. For most fakes, aroma will give it away. Smoking the cigar is the only true way to decipher. One must also remember... despite their expensive costs, they come from a third world country where people and over worked and under paid. These are not highly engineered products produced by machinery.

Never have I ever...

...bought a fake at Heathrow.

Did you just buy the single? 3pk cardboard? Whole cab? What was the year?

It was a Lacquered box, containing a Mag 50 and a Mag 46. No date that I can see.

The 50 was nice and balanced, but, following the advice above, I'm currently smoking the 46 and damn it, if it isn't a belter!

butcher25 has been converting me to smaller gauges than I usually smoke, wise man that he is, and this certainly bears him out!

I'm not experienced in Uppys, but if this is typical of 46s, I'll be trying them again and again...

Wow.

Maybe I just got lucky, and got a stick with some age?

My god, this thing just gets better and better.

Started on a RASS earlier, but this is leaving it way behind.

I would say it's arguably one of the best smokes I've yet had.

Ho-hum. Back to school for ayepatz...

My humiliation is complete.

Lovely, warm cappuccino all the way to the final third, then some lovely spicy, white peppery stuff at the end. Even burn all the way, despite what seemed like a tightish cold draw.

Smoked this bugger til my lips are burning.

I know nothing.

My god, this thing just gets better and better.

Started on a RASS earlier, but this is leaving it way behind.

I would say it's arguably one of the best smokes I've yet had.

Ho-hum. Back to school for ayepatz...

I thought it was hi-ho? Lol, enjoy..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just received 5 three packs with the seal in tact and the same bands! They were bought from A very reutable dealer. Other than being A slight bit over humidified they are some of the best I've had!