CUC on its way out

Wow -

thanks for the info, do you have a source, I can't find anything in the Cuban sites.

Glad I listened to my contacts there and left Cuba with one Cookie left in my pocket as a souvenir.

Normally I take the remaining money along, this time I bought a bottle of 15 yr old Vigia and stuff to get rid of the Cookies as I had the Information the day was near when the CUC was replaced by the MN or CUP ... but this soon ...

Just got off the phone with a friend in Havana and he didn't hear about this yet. I'm not taking any chances though so I will send my funds over to change. He said they are trading normal where he is now. 1 CUC = 24 Pesos Cubanos.

I'm going to Havana with a few guys April 5. Does that mean we should not be getting cuc when exchanged? How do I know what kind of exchange I should be getting? I'm not familiar with the standard peso.

What is the value of a CUC should someone try to give me this then?

I'm afraid this will create temporary confusion and yet another way to scam tourists.

http://progresosemanal.us/20140308/pavel-vidal-la-desaparicion-del-cuc-va-ser-bastante-rapida/

as far as this articel is conserned, the change for private persons happens next year with a certain transition time

I concur with that.

The idea was planned in 2011 and it should be implemented by a law signed this year ... very quickly and ... any day now.

I do believe it will be soon, the rumours in HAV are rife.

It might also be mañana ...

• Like 1

I concur with that.

The idea was planned in 2011 and it should be implemented by a law signed this year ... very quickly and ... any day now.

I do believe it will be soon, the rumours in HAV are rife.

It might also be mañana ...

i talked with manuel fröhlich( i guess you know him wink.png) and we had a pretty good discussion about this matter.

at the end of the day we land at the airport, change the money and get what we are given. not much we can do about it.

hope it works out para il pueblo, not that it goes like the euro change in the beginning( in italy for example)