Cigar reviews from my recent trip to Ottawa

Recently went on a trip to Ottawa and spent some time at the Bacchus smoking room located in the Hilton. i decided to bring along some cigars I had never tried before.

Here’s my short review of each cigar. What’s your opinion on any of these cigars?

RA Grandes 2008 - really good, rich and creamy but not a lot of evolution in the cigar is the only issue I had with it. Smoke beautifully and had the essential RA flavors. Score 92

Partagas Lusitania 2011 – smooth as silk! Partagas flavors all the way! had some good flavor changes as it progressed. Score 93

SLR Pacificos 2009 – Wow! Amazing flavors in this one. Really creamy and buttery! This was a great cigar with lots of goodness! Score 95

LFDC Grandiosos 2013 – a bit disappointed in this one as the wrapper would just not burn well at all. It had a good draw which makes it even harder to understand the wonky burn. I think it was due to the wrapper being to think on one side or something. Still it was overall an enjoyable smoke with some sweet milky like flavors. Score 89

PL Encantos 2010 – this one was enjoyable but missing the core caramel sweetness. I think it needs more time. Overall though still a very good smoke. Score 91

Cohiba Robusto 2013 – for such a young Cohiba I was impressed with it. It was super smooth and silky with the core cohiba flavors, not much grassiness in this one though…just enough. Very well balanced and no sign of youthfulness until the very end. I think these will age very well. I’m glad I got a box! Score 92

Monty A 2007 – just a pure classic smoke! Classic monty flavors all the way! I only had to lightly touch up the burn on this great giant once. Pure bliss for 3 hours! Score 96

• Like 1

LFDC Grandiosos 2013 – a bit disappointed in this one as the wrapper would just not burn well at all. It had a good draw which makes it even harder to understand the wonky burn. I think it was due to the wrapper being to think on one side or something. Still it was overall an enjoyable smoke with some sweet milky like flavors. Score 89

Just came inside from smoking one of these with the exact same issues. Great draw, first half combustion was excellent but required several touch ups in the back half - like nearly every draw. Now smoked 5 from my first box and they have each been less enjoyable than the last. Maybe time for them to have a lengthy rest.

Ps. My HQ box of Encantos are really starting to hit their stride. Exceptional.

Just came inside from smoking one of these with the exact same issues. Great draw, first half combustion was excellent but required several touch ups in the back half - like nearly every draw. Now smoked 5 from my first box and they have each been less enjoyable than the last. Maybe time for them to have a lengthy rest.

Ps. My HQ box of Encantos are really starting to hit their stride. Exceptional.

I'll really have to give the Encantos another try soon, my box is also an HQ box and i do hear that they are hitting their stride. but the one i smoked was the first one from the box, so maybe it was just and off one. still was enjoyable though.

like you, i'll be resting those Grandiosos for at least a year.

encantos are a constant source of disappointment for me throughout the years

love the grandes wish i could find a box

not a fan of lusis

need to try this slr, haven't had many i must admit, only a couple examples of the serie a and dc but 98 lonsdales are magnificent

nice write up

Great write up! I have recently had similar experiences with the Grandiosos, fresh CoRo's, and I love my Lusi's!

I am in dire need of Encantos and I plan on a box sometime this year

Grandes are great tough to find. Love the Grandioso's have been smoking great about to lay them down for a bit and believe they will be stellar down the road.

Love the Pacificos, been slowly stocking these.

Grandes are great tough to find. Love the Grandioso's have been smoking great about to lay them down for a bit and believe they will be stellar down the road.

ya i'm thinking about getting another box of Pacificos myself, before they are gone forever!