great photos

First photo, pretty amazing.

Second, :shrug:

Should have got the shot just as it smacked the wanker's head, though you were pretty close!

What camera were you using Ken?

First photo, pretty amazing.

Second, :shrug:

Should have got the shot just as it smacked the wanker's head, though you were pretty close!

What camera were you using Ken?

not mine.

the first one was from nat geog, i think.

other just in a big bunch.

The first one is impressive if you know what it is. It is a pyroclastic flow. A pyroclastic flow is very hot movement of gases, dust, ash and rock due to a volcanic eruption. Its not just a dust cloud though!.. That cloud is up to 80% solid, they can reach speeds of 700km/h and can be up to 1000C hot.

I was curious about the pyroclastic flow and googled it. I found this phot regarding the effects of the eruption. The caption reads:

Mount Pinatubo, Philippines. View of World Airways DC-10 airplane setting on its tail because of weight of June 15, 1991 ash. Cubi Point Naval Air Station.

post-9032-0-76144600-1394383639_thumb.jp

i remember that even here in brizzy, after pinatubo, we had amazing sunsets for many months, thanks to the dust/ash/haze/whatever it was, in the air. and we are a long way from the philippines. can't imagine what it was like there.

Funny, Just took my exam on Volcanoes in Geology. Some pretty amazing stuff out there.

Krakatoa has them concerned, When it erupted it killed 360,000 people when it exploded and the sound was heard up to 3,000 miles away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203028/Will-Krakatoa-rock-world-Last-time-killed-thousands-changed-weather-years-deadlier.html

The only one that is any concern to me though is the one in Yellowstone National Park with a Caldera 40 miles wide, it would devastate North America and massively affect climate globally.

SnakeRiverMap.jpg

Ash zones which has killed virtually everything in these radius illustrations.

Yellowstone_Ash_Fall_Map.jpg

Until then we got some pretty cool geysers

geyser-615354.jpg

1920x1080_unbelievable_blue_hole_in_yell