Self regulating Cabinet humidors - brand/model advice please?

I'm in serious need of the collective list wisdom.

In regard to some expert advice on tall cabinet humidors, featuring automated temperature and humidity regulation. What brand, models etc?

My desktop humidor simply isn't keeping up with my cigar passion and I need to upgrade into something more stylish and functional that not only looks good enough to keep the missus happy, but performs flawlessly.

High temperature, is an issue here in NZ with large fluctuations a real problem...and gives concern at the possibility of an outbreak...not to mention splitting on the foot of some cigars.

Humidity is more stable but full automation and temperature control is what im really looking for.

Thank you all in advance and hopefully someone will know the info I require...

Have over come these issues re your post will get in touch later to discuss if you want when i get some time ps fellow Manuka Producer!

• Like 1

Seven years ago I purchased a Staebell (Aristocrat) cabinet with temperature and humidity control, and couldn't be happier. What I don't know is what the shipping would set you back to get one from TX down to NZ. I will tell you that Bob Staebell is about the nicest guy on the planet, and ships his cabinets world over. I would give him a call and have a chat, to see of you guys could have a meeting of the minds. His cabinets are wonderful, heirloom quality stuff, should last a lifetime and then some.

I've been completely happy with mine, I'd buy another tomorrow.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

• Like 1

I've also got an Aristocrat M-THC. It's simply gorgeous, expertly constructed, and will last several lifetimes. Definitely heirloom quality as BBS mentioned.

Does your home have central AC/heat? I think the Peltiers on the Aristocrat will only really swing the temperature +/- 10 degrees F. If you're looking for anything more than that I think you may need something else. We keep our house a pretty constant 65-70 degrees F and ~40% RH year-round. The Aristocrat does a great job of keeping my sticks at 65 degrees F and 55-60% RH.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

If you're in NZI would look at Vinotemp wine fridges

They are a little on the expensive side but they are temperature and humidity controlled and very nice to look at

Not as nice as an Aristocrat Cabinet but still pretty good

Short of getting your local Cabinet Maker in NZ to try an build you one, trying to ship a large cabinet humidor to NZ from the States would be very costly

• Like 1

Seven years ago I purchased a Staebell (Aristocrat) cabinet with temperature and humidity control, and couldn't be happier. What I don't know is what the shipping would set you back to get one from TX down to NZ. I will tell you that Bob Staebell is about the nicest guy on the planet, and ships his cabinets world over. I would give him a call and have a chat, to see of you guys could have a meeting of the minds. His cabinets are wonderful, heirloom quality stuff, should last a lifetime and then some.

I've been completely happy with mine, I'd buy another tomorrow.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

Thank you for the great recommendation.

Its definitely the quality and build style I am looking for...

I've also got an Aristocrat M-THC. It's simply gorgeous, expertly constructed, and will last several lifetimes. Definitely heirloom quality as BBS mentioned.

Does your home have central AC/heat? I think the Peltiers on the Aristocrat will only really swing the temperature +/- 10 degrees F. If you're looking for anything more than that I think you may need something else. We keep our house a pretty constant 65-70 degrees F and ~40% RH year-round. The Aristocrat does a great job of keeping my sticks at 65 degrees F and 55-60% RH.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

No central heating unfortunately.

The temperature swings in NZ are huge over the course of a year, literally from freezing to scorching.

As I seem to be amassing a healthy premium grade collection fairly quickly I need to sort this little issue out...before I turn my house into a "humidor for the humidor" haha!

If you're in NZI would look at Vinotemp wine fridges

They are a little on the expensive side but they are temperature and humidity controlled and very nice to look at

Not as nice as an Aristocrat Cabinet but still pretty good

Short of getting your local Cabinet Maker in NZ to try an build you one, trying to ship a large cabinet humidor to NZ from the States would be very costly

Thanks for the angle...will check them out.

My missus has specific taste in décor, so im thinking a statement piece of heirloom quality furniture might be the ticket.

Thinking it might run to NZD$7K landed...

I think a top of the line Aristocrat with all the controls and fruit is around $5k, depening on wood choice

$2k for frieght might be close

I have a lead on a Cabinet humidor builder in Aus that I've never pursued, PM me if you're interested. I imagine freight from Aus would be cheaper than from the US

I am absolutely thrilled with my Liebherr Wine fridge. It is gorgeous, efficient and self regulating. It is a global brand so you do not have to have it shipped from half way across the world.

http://www.rosehillwinecellars.com/wine-cabinets-liebherr-lieb-ws-13500?zenid=mtbp1i4i7n2mktmg9vnedd2ua2

Thanks for the angle...will check them out.

My missus has specific taste in décor, so im thinking a statement piece of heirloom quality furniture might be the ticket.

Thinking it might run to NZD$7K landed...

The Vinotemp wine chillers are really nice and even have wooden shelving options for instant humidor conversions...very affordable!

I am absolutely thrilled with my Liebherr Wine fridge. It is gorgeous, efficient and self regulating. It is a global brand so you do not have to have it shipped from half way across the world.

http://www.rosehillw...mktmg9vnedd2ua2

The Aristocrats are a bargain compared to those...innocent.gif

LCL (less than container load) shipment from the US would be about USD $250-$300 per cbm (cubic metre) to Auckland. Add transport to and from the ports, plus any customs/quarantine duties/fees (probably need biosecurity certification for importing wood). Will definitely be a pretty penny in the end.

The Aristocrats are a bargain compared to those...innocent.gif

Perhaps, but if you add the shipping, maybe not. My other issue with the Aristocrat (and this was a real consideration for me), was I found them to be very traditional looking. I wanted a more contemporary look. I paid $3500 CDN including delivery.

But of cf course, the Aristocrat is a great choice

• Like 1