Paco de Lucia RIP

One of the greatest musicians who ever blessed the world has died. It breaks my heart to have had so many years on the planet at the same time as this man, and to never have heard him live. But if you love Spanish music, you know about him already. He was one of the finest and most powerful guitarists I have ever known of. If you don't know about him, there are many many recordings that will enrich your life. Either way, have a smoke and raise a glass and enjoy a small portion of the profound beauty that he gave us.

RIP, maestro

A musical prodigy. I remember listening to Friday Night in San Francisco in 1988 and thinking that it had to be one of the best live performances I have ever heard. Ever. Paco stood out in that performance and influenced many guitarists over the years, not just flamenco players. I last saw him perform live two years ago and he was amazing to watch and listen to. He will be missed.

RIP maestro

I can't believe I found this on youtube: This is the live album that I first heard that made me realize what level of genius this man possessed. It's the whole album, all recorded live, and it's some of the most amazing, subtle, beautiful guitar playing that I think anyone has ever done. One concert, just him, his guitar, your ears, and maybe God. Listen to it all - if you've heard it before, you already love it. If you haven't, take the next hour off from life and enjoy it. You won't find a better use for your hour.

He did a bunch of work with Al DiMeola....the dueling guitars on "Race with the Devil on Spanish Highway" is one of my all time favorite pieces of music. He is a great loss to the world of music.

A musical prodigy. I remember listening to Friday Night in San Francisco in 1988 and thinking that it had to be one of the best live performances I have ever heard. Ever. Paco stood out in that performance and influenced many guitarists over the years, not just flamenco players. I last saw him perform live two years ago and he was amazing to watch and listen to. He will be missed.

RIP maestro

Friday Night in San Francisco is amazing. I was listening to the original vinyl album just a few days ago. I hadn't played it in years and just sat and listened. The three of them (Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin) put on the most riveting acoustical performance I'd ever heard. I'm sure the recording is still available and I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Paco's passing is a great loss to the world. He will be missed.

--E

Rest in Peace. A truly masterful musician.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk