How many chances do you realistically give a cigar?

Forenseca I've had more luck with than Monte 2's.. of 5 I've enjoyed 1.. And I suspect that was perhaps the company more than the cigar.. 1 in 3 Forenseca is good.. The rest I enjoy anyway.. There's a box of Roman Allones Small that I think I've gotten 1 in 7 :P It's all part of it for me

I don't really rule any cigar out as such, it just goes to the back of a very long queue.

This is the same rule I go by.\

I'll smoke all the Fonsecas for you guys, I rather enjoy them first smoke of the day.

• Like 1

Assuming the cigar has rested a bit it depends on whether it is a CC or NC.

I am less tolerant of NC's since I generally find less issues with construction so if I disliked any one cigar it would likely be because of taste profile. If people I respect have reviewed it and said good things I usually put a few away for 3-6 months and retry. Three strikes and your out.

With CC's I expect more plugs on larger sticks. I also tend forgive some taste issues from young sticks. If I have a box of that cigar I keep trying at various time spans to check its progress. I usually only buy a box if someone I respect says good things or I have tried a single. So I guess for CC's if the reputation is good I keep trying.