I had a short life.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going with Robusto Extra of trinidad

While it's already been mentioned, I thinks it's Romeo y Julieta Piramides.

The cigar so elusive that no one saw one before Habanos discontinued it....the Trinidad Robusto T Tubo!!

While it's already been mentioned, I thinks it's Romeo y Julieta Piramides.

I think this is a good contender too: released with zero fanfare then just disappeared without a bang or a whimper. I felt lucky to find 9 of them in Andorra a year ago.... they looked sad and neglected on the shelf so I had to adopt them....

Cheers for the responses clap.gif

I remember the first time I saw this cigar on the availability sheets from PCC. I thought it was a mistake as I had heard nothing about it. Still I ordered up as much as possible given it was a famous brand in a top selling vitola.

You had to see these cigars when they arrived. Pitiful.

Pale flaky wrappers, no aroma at cold, Kim Jong Il could have launched them as missiles and they would have done serious damage given they were that plugged.

When I could get one to draw the smoking experience (over several from different boxes) still ranks as some of the worst Cuban cigar experiences that I can recall. They took bitterness to a whole new level.

Now at that time I had seen plenty of plugged cigars coming out of 1999/2000 so the construction wasn't a complete surprise. What surprised me was the consistency. Cuba has never produced such a consistently poor cigar. The original Monte Opens were Behike in comparison.

And then....as quietly as they were introduced....they were eliminated....never to be mentioned again. It is as if HSA swept the whole affair under the carpet in the hope no one would remember. They lasted 2 years. biggrin.png

Romeo y Julieta Piramide it is

Well done Matt. Drop me a line and I will get a cigar to you.

• Like 1

Sorry but.... just for arguing my bet:

What about difficult period suffered Trinidad brand?

What about its cousins?

On this, María Guerrero was a brand created by R&J to enter to the spanish market. Its cousins are R&J cigars.... very demanded pieces.

Besides, this brand lived after difficult period (embargo crisis).

OK, Grandes de España lived 15 years. My mistake.