In the Bahamas

AbuAmelia

They had a Cohiba with lots of plum. This is at my resort Hotel. The lady said they are legit. But who knows. I really want the monte #2. I was at Havana Humidor last night and picked some stuff up. There was inventory was really really low. Didn't have much expect for 100 boxes of 1966 for 1000 a box.

Are you at Atlantis or The Cove?

I'm at sandals.

Yikes, All of the Sandals shops I've been to have the fake stuff, not even close.

Atlantis has the real deal.

Yikes, All of the Sandals shops I've been to have the fake stuff, not even close.

Atlantis has the real deal.

Yeah, I didn't get any from there. Went to the Atlantis picked up a few. Went to dinner tonight and Graycliff and was there for a long time. The owner took me downstairs in his wine cellar and showed me his left over stash. He had tons and tons of boxes of Cubans that from the 90's and 00's. Lots of small gage stuff. He have me a few Partagas for free but for the most part they were all very old Cubans, he offered to sell me some, but I just have no place in my luggage for them. I enjoyed their hand rolled fresh Graycliff though.

• Like 1

for the most part they were all very old Cubans, he offered to sell me some, but I just have no place in my luggage for them. I enjoyed their hand rolled fresh Graycliff though.

Now there's somethin' you don't hear every day lol

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the pictures, the Montecristo cigars look rough and doenst have consistent wrappers.

The cap on the Cohiba is quite messy in appearance and is that band having like 2 and a half dots?

Lastly the Monte No.2 code doesnt check out from HSA's webpage.

• 2 months later...

Been to the Bahamas 5 times and would most def agree that there are alot of fakes there.As stated in an earlier post, would only trust Atlantis for authentic product and expect to pay premium $$$$$

Bahamas scare me in general.

We were in Freeport a few years back, popped in to a cigar shop and my observations leading to surmise not an authentic stick in the store included Cuaba Churchills and stacks of Monte #2 and Esplendidos with the exact same serial number on every box pod.gif

I'm so cautious in the Caribbean with Cubans. You are right fakes are all over. But I'll say this if the fake or the hand rolled on the street, In other words not a mass production fake Cuban, then they actually aren't that bad tasting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...