Best Pizza in NYC

Carts

As a Native of Brooklyn I believe the best is from Brooklyn, however I'll mention a few in the other boroughs.

Nunzios in Staten Island is a stand out.

Motorino in the east village is very creative with some great small pies but is more like pizza in Italy then NY style pizza.

Grimaldi's in Manhattan next to the old Lime light theatre is also awesome. Very this and very good ratio on top of sauce and cheese.

Lombardi's is good in little Italy but its a tourist hell-trap. Coal fired and you can tell, but I feel like the sauce is bland.

Now travel over the Brooklyn Bridge,

Difara's on Ave J, prob the best you can ever get without a coal oven. The owner uses 3 cheeses and hand cuts the herbs right on top. Expect a wait for a pie!

Lucali near the battery Tunnel also awesome pie except you eat in the dark at night. Kind of weird. This is where you get good topings on a pie.

Totonno's in Coney Island another great place, and my personal favorite. I've been coming here since I was a kid. Great coal fired pizza, only classic toppings like anchovies and sausage. The coal is hand shoveled and the same pizza maker has been at it for as long as I can remember.

Lastly leave that soupy pizza casserole in Chicago and go to L&B Spumoni Gardens in Bensonhurst. The make the best Sicilian you ever have without a 7 hour flight from NY.

Just my .02

I recommend ordering a pie from Chicago before you leave for NYC so it arrives while you are there. I know a couple places will overnight you an uncooked pizza that you can put in your oven. Probably your best bet as its impossible to find anything but floppy greasy slices in NYC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lol-

Chicago "stye" pizza is in fact not pizza. Its a pie made of tomato. No comparison at all.

Scicilian L&B Spumoni gardens in BK is best. If you want thin neopolitan style try grimaldis or anthony coal fire. If you want a traditional slice, Lucia's pizza in flushing queens.

Chicago, New York, leave the arguing to each as to what is the best. I love them both and learned two great recipes of each to include some of the best sauces to use. (Escalion 6 in 1 ground tomatoes for the base of Chicago style). Really, I enjoy making and eating each equally. I think the only ones below either standards are the chains and the cardboard frozen so called pizza that continues to decrease the amount and the quality of what they dare consider pizza.