avoiding the greatest disaster in human history

head down to adelaide tomorrow for a big wine lunch (we have fifties barolo, an 82 barolo, a 59 rioja, 40' loire and plenty more, so should be a great lunch), then on to the bruce concert.

a winemaker mate organised tickets. he is a great bloke but a seriously disorganised person. so never returns calls, emails etc. we discovered yesterday that he'd booked a second restaurant despite being told a dozen times where we were going.

finally managed to get on to him this morning. chatted away. i just happened to ask whether one of the other guys had his tickets. he says, 'no, they are with your tickets'. confusion reigns.

turns out that when i was in adelaide 2 months ago for the ashes test, he'd dropped off a couple of bottles of wine for me to try plus an envelope with all the tickets. but never told me and the hotel had never delivered them to me.

panic ensues.

my mate is convinced he can just head to the hotel and collect them. i reckon he has buckley's.

an hour later, he rings. the hotel has denied all knowledge.

tim (and the funny bit is that this morning, he was put on a 24 hour blood pressure machine to measure usual blood pressure - i think they might have to re-do it) explodes.

finally, in a back storeroom, they find the wine and an envelope. they claim they tried to contact me but couldn't (i was staying in their hotel - how hard could it be?).

so situation saved but we came so close to going to adelaide and no bruce tickets.

i may not have been happy.

"May not have been Happy" there's the understatement of the Century......

I would have been spitting chips have a good one Ken

Barolo from the 50s? Nice. I'm not much of a wine drinker on the whole, but I do love a good Barolo. You will be providing a review of the tastiness?

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Barolo from the 50s? Nice. I'm not much of a wine drinker on the whole, but I do love a good Barolo. You will be providing a review of the tastiness?

Cheers,

Greg

hopefully they'll bee good enough.

i think we added a vouvray from the 40's so should be a good day, even without bruce!

hopefully they'll bee good enough.

i think we added a vouvray from the 40's so should be a good day, even without bruce!

Any day you consume mass quantities is a good day. Any day you consume mass quantities of vintage and/or aged goodness is an outstanding day! It's the day after that might be a tad rough. But I'm sure it will be worth it. :)

Enjoy it to the hilt!

What a sight it must be to see Ken pickled, Hips swaying, lighter waving in the air, whimsical gaze towards the stage of Bruce.. Ah, The euphoric state of Ken in its natural environment.. Such a calm, placid and well mannered creature..