True Detective

khomeinist

It's my new favorite show. It's fantastic, I can't get enough of it. It's a whole new caliber of TV.

I really enjoy it as well . At first, I thought the McConaghy characters philosophical rants were self indulgent. Now, I find them quite entertaining! A bit of a stretch for the Harrelson character to have such a hot wife AND mistress - but that's tv!

The wife and I are loving this. I'm interested to see where this thing goes this week.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No episode this week due to Super Bowl.

House of Lies and Shameless will be airing new episodes though! And if you haven't caught Black Sails yet, it's awesome!

Wow , tonight's episode was OFF THE CHARTS!!!

Rarely can a TV show reign all of you in like a big screen movie can. This show does it one hour at a time, week after week.

Big fan here! ok.gif

If you don't know, this is a mini-series with 8 episodes. However, I heard HBO will more True Detective mini-series with new actors....

Yeah each season, they plan on bringing in new powerhouse actors with new great storylines!

However, I've heard recent rumors, that with the overwhelming praise so far of this season, they may keep it as is for a full series.

Those of us that know east Texas and the gulf coast will surely love the scenery and cinematography.

The writing is superb and MM is just fantastic. I particularly enjoy his younger version. I know a couple of fellers that have those type of psychological tics. Great performance. Enjoyed seeing the Sons of Anarchy rejects get served. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched Episode 1 last night, and it does look promising. Normally, I'm not a big fan of TV shows, but had to check it out with a 9.5/10 rating on IMDB and the fact that Matthew McConaughey won me over with his acting in Dallas Buyers Club. Good to see him win the Oscars the other night. I'm sure he'll be busy churning out more movies/shows with the award. I sure hope that does not cut into his time roaming the Texas football sidelines. Hook'em! Alright, alright, alright...