Grand Cayman

Hi Rush.I figured that would get your attention. Just booked a spur of the moment,Its -20f in MN cruise. We will be visiting your paradise on Wed. Jan 15. I doubt we'll do anything but Head down to 7 mi. Til. 12/1 then back by the pier for some shopping/cocktails. Is there any good cigar shops near the pier? Not sure where you're located but Dana and I would love to buy you and your wife lunch if you're in the area.

Hi madandana, I just got back from a cruise and there was a "cuban" cigar shop at the port near 7 mile that I went to. Mind you I was brand new to cigars so I didnt know really what i was looking at but looked good and prices were normal

Hi madandana,

I lived and worked in Grand Cayman for 10 years....I really miss the place, especially in winter and at tax time!

There is an LCDH in the mall at the pier where you disembark from the cruise ship tender. Wallace runs the place and knows his stuff. They have a good selection of REs and ELs if you are interested. Stuff that's hard to find. The prices are okay, not cheap...it's an LCDH, but you are assured of the authenticity of the cigars. You can have a drink and a smoke there after seeing 7 mile beach. I'm unsure what the regulations are on taking cigars back to the ship but I'm sure someone at the LCDH can answer your questions.

There are other shops downtown and on West Bay Rd. that may have better prices (there are a couple of cigar lounges on West Bay Rd.) but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the cigars. There is a cigar shop next to "Deckers" across from the Hyatt Beach Resort on West Bay Rd. (you may want go to the Hyatt to access 7 Mile Beach), that you may want to checkout as well.

Have a good trip!

I don't think Rush has seen this yet maybe. PS Rush> I know I said it last year, but I am coming to see you this year.

Boom! Sorry I didn't see this.

My haunt is the LCDH which is in the port area. How long are you on island? Some good lunch options a short drive away.

Some great smokes at LCDH.

Looking forward to seeing you!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390015,-81.404589

Only on the island from 8-4. Thought we'd grab a cab down to 7 mi beach in the am then some eats,drinks and smokes.Should probably hang by the port by 2-3 so we don't miss the ship.Glad you can join us. Can you recommend a good spot to be let off at the beach?

What ever time you can join us would be great.I'll defer to you to decide where to hang after the beach.

So surfside is a nice place on north SMB in the public beach area. Also nice is Royal Palms and it's closer in. Both are pretty packed by cruise shippers during the day. The LCDH is a great place to hang for a smoke before you head back to the ship. Are you going to have a cell ph on you? My local cayman number is 345-324-1984 (cell). Let's sync up before you get on the boat.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=19.390015,-81.404589

Sounds great, we will hit Royal Palms in the AM (is that a hotel or is that just the name of a beach stretch?) Then plan on being at the LCDH around 12-1. Somewhere in between we'll grab a bite to eat.Don't think we'll have a cell phone with us as work would then find us. Does Verison come in there? If we don't have a phone I can just find a local phone and give you a call or just let us know where/when you want to hook up.

Royal Palms is a beach club of sorts. Food and drink on the beach. Let's plan on just meeting at la Casa del Habano.