Ashes Second Test Adelaide : Congratulations Mitchell Johnson

There is something special about a brilliant spell of fast bowling. Yesterdays 7 wickets for 40 runs was one of the finest displays of brutal fast bowling I have witnessed.

The icing on the cake was that this was no 20 year old "wonder kid". This was a veteran who 18 months ago was washed up due to a mix of injuries, self doubt and poor form. Dropped from a woeful Aussie Cricket team labeled one of our worst in history.

Regardless of how this series pans out, the revival of Mitch Johnson....actually it is not a revival but a complete revelation/transformation....is the feel good story of the summer and a lesson to every athlete (amateur or professional), that miracles can happen through hard work and self belief. That you only really lose when you give up on yourself. The lesson actually transcends sport.

Best display of pace I have seen from an Aussie in 20 years. It was lethal fast bowling, and will be remembered for a long long time.

I also love Mitch's attitude. He's a fighter. A real asset to the team. He makes the whole team play better with infectious enthusiasm.

There is something special about a brilliant spell of fast bowling. Yesterdays 7 wickets for 40 runs was one of the finest displays of brutal fast bowling I have witnessed.

The icing on the cake was that this was no 20 year old "wonder kid". This was a veteran who 18 months ago was washed up due to a mix of injuries, self doubt and poor form. Dropped from a woeful Aussie Cricket team labeled one of our worst in history.

Regardless of how this series pans out, the revival of Mitch Johnson....actually it is not a revival but a complete revelation/transformation....is the feel good story of the summer and a lesson to every athlete (amateur or professional), that miracles can happen through hard work and self belief. That you only really lose when you give up on yourself. The lesson actually transcends sport.

he did the same v south africa a few years ago. people forget that before this series, although in and out a distressing number of times, he was our tenth or twelve in the list of all time highest wicket takers for australia.

just imagine the career if he'd played to his potential throughout.

He's definitely bowling really well, with both pace and accuracy. He's not just getting wickets through poor shot making. the ball to Anderson yesterday was a ripper! He's getting a bit of reverse swing with the older ball, so it's good to see. I love how his short pitched bowling is requiring some sort of shot be played by the batsman, whereas prior to his last 'dropping' the batsmen were able to stand there and watch it sail by high and wide to the keeper!

I hope Ken is enjoying it down there in adelaide if he's still there!

I'd love to hear what Johnson was saying to Root today. I felt sorry for the guy, seemed Johnson wanted to have a crack at him everytime a ball went past his outside edge. Root just smiled back, but Johnson looked like he wanted to bite his head off.

Thought Root played a quality knock too, and KP was unlucky too. You make your own luck though in Test cricket, and he was trying too hard to make runs off a ball he could've left. Testament to the pressure Australia put England under though, I think there were 4 consecutive maidens before Pietersen got out.

Great stuff i think he is channeling his coach Dennis Lillee with that moustache ok.gif