Guest rob

Or Detroit.....

I don't know if anyone's seen it but i just watched Anthony Bourdain's recent programme on Detroit. It's shocking what has happened to it. It could be such a beautiful city, and has so much potential to be. Who know's what the future will hold, but at present things seem to be only getting worse.

"lifting all" might be an interesting idea. it would be a rare change for that to happen.

have not seen bourdain on detroit but a local current affairs program, 'dateline' on sbs, recently gave it a lot of coverage. really terrifying what has happened. all cities should be concerned when they see what has happened there. the drop in population over decades is quite staggering.

Anyone that knows Cuba knows the government is number one, the people come 2nd. I would gladly pay more for cigars if it benefited the Cuban people. But if economic sanctions were lifted on Cuba, there is no telling what would happen. I would like to think Raul Castro would authorize more private economic opportunity for the people as he has shown over the last couple of years and let some of the money coming in trickle down to the people that need it, but you just never know...