Cigar abbreviations ?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...if this is wanted and will be of benefit I will do something on CCW.com

Initial thoughts are abbreviations be sorted into groups:

Brands

Factory / Common names

Specific cigars

Other

How much interest is there? How about we start with Brand name abbreviations?

Trevor.

To properly utilize abbreviations one must posess a deep familiarity with nomenclature.

I consider myself fairly familiar with cigar nomenclature,but I still have to think sometimes to decode things.

HUSW,HUMT,BT#1,CPT,ME#2,HCT,RSCT,PS2T,HEDL,etc. Which of these is readily apparent to you?

New folks to the hobby have no clue and have to ask for clarification,I have seen this a lot on other sites.

Let us be the bastion of purity and decline to cheapen this esteemed site with slang and cheap communications.......

i could only identify a couple of those because nobody uses them. Don't think there's a need for it on his site since it's just forum speak.

I agree. I work for a company that has it's own lexicon so workers can understand all the abbreviations it has, wankers. Acronyms are used by people and groups who want to exercise some sort of exclusivity, "you're not part of us if you don't know the terms.." I'm not interested in that and I don't think most people in this forum are either.

I agree. I work for a company that has it's own lexicon so workers can understand all the abbreviations it has, wankers. Acronyms are used by people and groups who want to exercise some sort of exclusivity, "you're not part of us if you don't know the terms.." I'm not interested in that and I don't think most people in this forum are either.

I wouldn't say that. Abbreviations are useful, especially if the abbreviation is for a term/phrase that is exceptionally long.

In my old job if I told a co-worker, "Take a look at the DRP for product abc123 and tell me what the DCP is forecasting." That is infinitely easier than saying, "Take a look at the Demand Replenishment Plan for product abc123 and tell me the Demand Chain Planner is forecasting."