Cedar or no Cedar ?

Babaloo

Thanks,with my 52 bottle, I've lined the bottom & the top of the unit & have 3 cedar trays & 1 3" draw. Plus my Daniel Marshel is stored @ the bottom, to keep it away from nosey Family members. My RH holds @ avg. 70% Which I feel I'll have no problem setting up the new box. peace.gif

I have a 18 bottle, and since I worked at a smoke shop, I snagged quite a few thin sheets (the kind that separate rows of NC cigars), I hot glued a few to the top, bottom, and sides of my wineador. I also glued sheets to the bottom of each of the drawers I use (don't have "real" wineador drawers yet). I have a few full boxes in the bottom as well.

Between all that, my humidity hasn't budged from 65% since I got it stabilized.

Since you're just looking to use this one to stock boxes, I am willing to bet you'll be fine without it.

I put little Cedar Hearts and the Cedar covers from the boxes and lay them out throughout the Wineador

post-17505-0-84889500-1380033644_thumb.j

Even if it doesn't do anything the smell alone is enough = P

I put little Cedar Hearts and the Cedar covers from the boxes and lay them out throughout the Wineador

post-17505-0-84889500-1380033644_thumb.j

Even if it doesn't do anything the smell alone is enough = P

Do you get to come to NY? hungry.gif

Haha I've only been to New York once. In my younger days I played trombone and performed at Carnegie Hall in 2005

I'd love to Hit up NY as an adult tho haha

Note...

There is a big difference between Spanish Cedar (not cedar, but mahogany) and Tennessee aromatic cedar which is a juniper. Juniper oil is known for toxicity. I would not be placing this stuff, in heart shape or otherwise in my humidors.

Just an FYI. Cheers, the Pig

Note...

There is a big difference between Spanish Cedar (not cedar, but mahogany) and Tennessee aromatic cedar which is a juniper. Juniper oil is known for toxicity. I would not be placing this stuff, in heart shape or otherwise in my humidors.

Just an FYI. Cheers, the Pig

Too right there, Mr Pig, always worth pointing out...

I had a friend who is into making stuff out of wood, had to cut down a big cedar tree on his property, asked me for my opinion before making a humidor out of it. I said i don't know about the wood for the outside of the box, but best for it to be lined with "spanish cedar"...

... which is not spanish (central/south american) and not actually cedar either (mahogany family). surprised.gif

Yea The Hearts came from my Mom's Humidor from the 80s. Didn't know she had one and I found the hearts inside of it. It became my footlocker but I rather have the Wineadors