Cohiba gran reserva - second batch?

I visited a shop in Hong Kong recently and they had gran reserva singles on sale for a price that I thought was way too low. The manager told me that this was not the original batch but was a "second batch" made for domestic Cuban consumption. I thought this strange but have any of you heard of something like this?

I visited a shop in Hong Kong recently and they had gran reserva singles on sale for a price that I thought was way too low. The manager told me that this was not the original batch but was a "second batch" made for domestic Cuban consumption. I thought this strange but have any of you heard of something like this?

Nope on both.

No second batch of Cohiba Gran Reserva and nothing made for "domestic Cuban consumption" - except Bodega cigars at a dollar for 25 ....

I can see how someone would fall for it if they hadn't mentioned the "made for the Cuban market" bit. I mean look at the Noellas jars that seem to be popping up in master cases recently!!

Can u pm me the shop? Maybe a well known counterfeiter...

I'm just curious...

I did a little search, found this:

Havanacigarclubhk.com

Looks like a really nice place to enjoy your smokes.

Looking at their pictures online of their cigars in their shleves, they wrapped some of their cigar bundles in surround wrap.

Still, i'll take a look at this place when Im in HK next, which would be soon

Can u pm me the shop? Maybe a well known counterfeiter...

I'm just curious...

Edited by Fuzz

I did a little search, found this:

Havanacigarclubhk.com

Looks like a really nice place to enjoy your smokes.

Looking at their pictures online of their cigars in their shleves, they wrapped some of their cigar bundles in surround wrap.

Still, i'll take a look at this place when Im in HK next, which would be soon

Message me when you're in Hk next time. Let's meet up for a smoke.

Edited by Fuzz

• 3 weeks later...

****** website has a box of 15 at auction. Already $1900, and just posted. I would be willing to split the box 3 ways with 2 others. Would go up to $2100 for 15, thus would be 5 each for $700 - or $140 each. Any takers?

Edited by Fuzz

******* website has a box of 15 at auction. Already $1900, and just posted. I would be willing to split the box 3 ways with 2 others. Would go up to $2100 for 15, thus would be 5 each for $700 - or $140 each. Any takers?

Sources rule ... Respect for Rob and co..

Edited by Fuzz

******* website has a box of 15 at auction. Already $1900, and just posted. I would be willing to split the box 3 ways with 2 others. Would go up to $2100 for 15, thus would be 5 each for $700 - or $140 each. Any takers?

Looks like I broke a rule. Sorry guys. I thought it would be ok because it referenced an unavailable cigar at FOH, and I left out a letter from the site. Please remove this post Edited by Fuzz