Aged Cubans

Hey guys, finally had my first full box of Cubans delivered last week...HDM Epi No 2. I had to have one right away and I can tell I've made a good decision! I've got a few other CC's in my humi that are about two years old (Cohibo Esplendidos, Monte No 2, Monte Robusto, Monte Open Eagle) that I want to resist the temptation and allow them to age another couple of years.

My question is this, does the Czar sell aged cigars? If not, who do you recommend for picking up some quality sticks?

Thanks in advance!

- Pick attached of my main humi for your troubles

post-9774-0-69065300-1378391527_thumb.jp

I recommend BIG storage and age them yourself. Depending on the climate you live in you can go with a Coleman or wine wine fridge. You will know where the cigars have been stored, the temp, and the humidity for the last 5 years

Mike

Sound advice from Mike. In the end, you'll know how the cigars have been stored, which is very important, and two, you will save yourself a lot of money over the long haul. I would only buy aged boxes unless you know you're getting a killer deal and will help you avoid falling into the hype and overpaying.

I was pretty much expecting these responses. Guess I better bite the bullet. I live in North Carolina, so we have a very nice, moderate climate. Can you guide me to the best threads on coolerdors and winedors?

And as always, thanks for the advice

I was pretty much expecting these responses. Guess I better bite the bullet. I live in North Carolina, so we have a very nice, moderate climate. Can you guide me to the best threads on coolerdors and winedors?

And as always, thanks for the advice

Click on Friends of Habanos main page and go down to Humidor Tutorial

Lots of good info in there.

That's a good question PackPride . I was wondering the same thing myself . I keep hearing about the 2008 D4's . I read a post where someone said he recently purchased a box from czar . I tried asking a question about the the process but didn't get any follow up .

I thought maybe it was a well kept secret .

Got a few boxes myself that I'm going to sit on also . It's gonna be tough . They look so good !

For best guarantee of provenance and maintaining value store your cigars in the Czar locker. Eveytime you order get one extra for the locker. If it was me I'd look to store HQ standard RASS (consider 50ct), PSD4, MC2. So age for 5 yrs what is extremely hard to find as aged stock online and either smoke them, sell 'em or trade them.

My first thought is why do you want aged boxes? You won't know what they tasted like young, how they've changed in those years... And you won't have learnt much except if you like ciigars rolled x years ago at x years of age.

Personal opinion of course but I get a lot more Out of aging them myself in general (not a strict rule as I buy some aged boxes)

My first thought is why do you want aged boxes? You won't know what they tasted like young, how they've changed in those years... And you won't have learnt much except if you like ciigars rolled x years ago at x years of age.

Personal opinion of course but I get a lot more Out of aging them myself in general (not a strict rule as I buy some aged boxes)

I always try to pick up a few singles and buy a full box at the same time

I'm pretty sure if you asked Rob to find some singles with the same (or similar) box code to a full box you're buying from him he would do his best

That way i have a few sticks in the desktop to smoke young while I forget about the full box sitting in the humi