The Hon Rob Ayala MP

Ok, so I know Rob has mentioned before that he doesn't vote due to his disillusionment with politics but the Aussie bloke I sit beside showed me his postal ballot at lunchtime, and top of the list was the "Sex Party".

This got me thinking that a cigar party led by Mr R Ayala could well win a few votes with some cutting edge policies:

- Lower taxes on Cuban cigars

- Higher taxes on non Cubans

- New reduced rate of VAT on shirts.....this would be on a sliding scale where the louder and more clashing the shirt, the lower the VAT it is subject to

- zero taxes on both scotch and soda water

- lower taxes on flashy unisex ankle boots

- tax breaks for shoe collectors who open their collections for public viewing one day a year

- zero tax on Sauvignon blanc when it's use is classed as medicinal

And last but not least a full roll back of the plain packaging exclusively for Cuban cigars.

In the event of the cigar party not getting enough votes to get into government, a coalition with the Springsteen party and its leader Mr K Gargett could be interesting :P (teaching of Springsteen history in schools along with 2 hours of mandatory Springsteen appreciation across all radio stations every day)!

What do you reckon Rob, I think you could brighten up australian politics (your shirts could brighten up most things!!) ?

- tax breaks for shoe collectors who open their collections for public viewing one day a year

- zero tax on Sauvignon blanc when it's use is classed as medicinal

I know of one person who will be very pleased with these two policies!! LOL

In the event of the cigar party not getting enough votes to get into government, a coalition with the Springsteen party and its leader Mr K Gargett could be interesting tongue.png (teaching of Springsteen history in schools along with 2 hours of mandatory Springsteen appreciation across all radio stations every day)!

first, i'm not planning on a coalition with anyone. we'll be governing on our pat. i'd be happy to have rob as the minister for toxic waste - those shirts suggest he is well qualified.

next, two hours? only two hours? we have our first candidate to be blindfolded in front of that proverbial pockmarked wall!

Where do I sign up to join his Party....oh wait a minute I already am party.gif

No taxes on Sav Blanc No taxes on Sav Blanc !!!!!

I second that vote perfect10.gif

Di, Did you not see the "tax breaks for shoe collectors who open their collections for public viewing one day a year" ???

first, i'm not planning on a coalition with anyone. we'll be governing on our pat. i'd be happy to have rob as the minister for toxic waste - those shirts suggest he is well qualified.

next, two hours? only two hours? we have our first candidate to be blindfolded in front of that proverbial pockmarked wall!

Ken, 2 hours in the manifesto......then once you're voted you can change it to as many hours as you want, after all it's not like politicians keep election promises!!!

I would like to thank my fine constituent Dara for his kind support.

My friends, I earnestly believe that political service is an honourablle calling. Unfortunately the call is heeded by two groups:

1. Scoundrels

2. Good people who become Scoundrels

The people of Australia can rest assured that I will hit the ground running given that I am already at point 2 lol3.gif

My cabinet will certainly represent the Interests of Australia

Diana.......Minister for "Good Times" and ambassador for the Sav Blanc Industry. Her passion and experience in these portfolio's are without peer.

Ken Gargett:

1. Defence Minister (based on his love of firearms)
  2. Minister for Aviation (based on his successful "Qantas Sucks" campaign)
  3. Minister for Communication (based upon his vast experience of Telstra and his capacity to uniquely reduce Indian call centre staff to tears)
  4. Sports Minister: The All blacks, Lions, .....anyone can only play with 10 men when facing the Wallabies.

Artie Kassos: Minister of Finance, Taxation and Gambling:

• Will immediately not only remove taxes on alcohol and cigars but make them tax deductible.
  • Poker losses are tax deductible for all.
  • ATO/IRS debts are forgiven.

Smithy: Automobile Industry Minister due to his love of the ubiquitous 25 year old Holden Ute he drives. As an Industrial Designer He can design the new unique Australian car....one that no one else buys but manages to keep away flies lol3.gif

Lisa: Minister for ASIO (Secret Service)...after 10 years covering up my screw-ups and global indiscretions....Mossad uses her as a pin up girl.

Vote early...vote often!

Ken Gargett:

1. Defence Minister (based on his love of firearms)
  2. Minister for Aviation (based on his successful "Qantas Sucks" campaign)
  3. Minister for Communication (based upon his vast experience of Telstra and his capacity to uniquely reduce Indian call centre staff to tears)
  4. Sports Minister: The All blacks, Lions, .....anyone can only play with 10 men when facing the Wallabies.

i'm prepared to get on board immediately.

1. Defence Minister - first up, we annex new zealand. all kiwis to be sent to manus island. if krudd has already paid the rent, we may as well make use of it. then we rip up all the savvy, plant more pinot and i will need to make many fact finding missions across there to see things in order. coincidently, they'll all be during the trout season.
  2. Minister for Aviation (based on his successful "Qantas Sucks" campaign). the stumbling wombat is beyond saving.
  3. Minister for Communication (based upon his vast experience of Telstra and his capacity to uniquely reduce Indian call centre staff to tears). if only i had done that to them as often as they have done it to me. my fave call centre response - fed up, i asked if there was anyone there with any intelligence. the immediate response? "no sir, we are the technical department"..
  4. Sports Minister: given my old uni mate, george brandis, was once sports minister, it would be an honour. as george had no idea of the difference between a tennis racquet and rugby boot, can't do worse - at least he had the dignity not to bounce around pretending to be a fan when in reality, no interest and no idea - a la krudd and keating. at least hawke, menzies, howard were genuine sports fans.

Rob,

Seeing as I formulated your manifesto can I be chief spin doctor or advisor to the PM?

A obscenely large salary (no change from the current PMs advisors so) and unlimited cigars would be all the payment i need :)