When did Punch change

I pose here a simple question to those who know more than I do: when exactly did old Punch become new Punch? The Punches I've smoked recently, save for a Super Robusto, have been pretty bland, but the Super Robusto had me curious as to what Punch was like in its heday.

Curious why they thought there was a need to change the blend. So your telling me that the Super Selection No.1s from 2009 are a different blend to the ones 5 yrs earlier? I might have to pull a couple out for a taste test!

The Super Robusto is already 6 or 7 years old…

The Super Robustos I have are from 07 and the first half at this point is very subtle and complex, but I also smoked a Churchill from 07 that was very bland. I initially thought this was due to changes in the Punch blend overall, but perhaps something else is at play. It really is sad how much Punch has gotten cut in the past decade.

I pose here a simple question to those who know more than I do: when exactly did old Punch become new Punch? The Punches I've smoked recently, save for a Super Robusto, have been pretty bland, but the Super Robusto had me curious as to what Punch was like in its heday.

2009 is the last time I enjoyed regular production Punch, that is to say the last box code it came from and it was Punch Royal Selection no.12

Punch could do with a(nother) change then, most boring Cuban brand by a country mile (barring the completely pointless Fonseca).

Smoked an excellent '08 Fonseca #1 this afternoon.

Yes, it was light and delicate, but full of flavour.

My '06 Delicias are fantastic, though the '09s still need time.

'96 Cosacos can still be found, and are very good as well as reasonably priced.

As for Punch, the DCs beat most others by a country mile.

The PCs, when well-aged, are consistantly first class.

Same goes for all the Corona Gordas.

Also, I have never encountered a plugged Fonseca, nor Punch.

I guess it is all a matter of taste, as one person's boring is another's delight...