Ginseng's Tubos Collection - Framed!

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the real deal.

If I recall correctly I may have helped you out with one or two of those back when the new paint jobs started coming out...

You are probably right. It's been so long. I didn't really pursue the new tubos designs. I have a few but not enough completeness to build a display with. They certainly are attractive, but I think I'm partial to the traditional designs.

When you come over, I'll show you where I hanged the frames in my library. Image is sort of dark with just the desk lamp lit.

TubosInTheLibrary_zps52f678b2.jpg

Wilkey

• Like 1

You are probably right. It's been so long. I didn't really pursue the new tubos designs. I have a few but not enough completeness to build a display with. They certainly are attractive, but I think I'm partial to the traditional designs.

When you come over, I'll show you where I hanged the frames in my library. Image is sort of dark with just the desk lamp lit.

TubosInTheLibrary_zps52f678b2.jpg

Wilkey

Great Idea. I am also looking for a way to display the tubes. How did you attach the tubes?

Thanks

Lars

Great Idea. I am also looking for a way to display the tubes. How did you attach the tubes?

Thanks

Lars

Lars,

For all the metal tubes, I used a strip of high-stiffness tacking compound called Sense. For the two paper tubes, I placed a rare earth magnet inside the tube and a matching magnet on the back of the frame board to magnetically pin it into place. This is because I did not want to risk damaging the painted paper finish on the rare Upmann and Partagás cardboard tubes. There is a very small bit of tacking compound on the metal caps of the paper tubes to minimize shifting.

Wilkey

Lars,

For all the metal tubes, I used a strip of high-stiffness tacking compound called Sense. For the two paper tubes, I placed a rare earth magnet inside the tube and a matching magnet on the back of the frame board to magnetically pin it into place. This is because I did not want to risk damaging the painted paper finish on the rare Upmann and Partagás cardboard tubes. There is a very small bit of tacking compound on the metal caps of the paper tubes to minimize shifting.

Wilkey

Wilkey,

Thanks for that. This is giving me a good idea of what to do with the tubes.

regards

Lars

Very cool, Wilkey. It's something I've been looking forward to doing for some time as well, with the collection of tubos I've been keeping as well (I keep one single tube from every different tubos cigar that I've had the pleasure [or not] of smoking).

Very well done. Thanks for sharing.