Pacific Rim

Cohiba Stevie

I know I posted the trailer for this in the discussion forum a while ago...

But is anybody as stoked as I am to see this movie?!!!

Its out on friday and the girlfriend has already booked us VIP lounge tickets, it includes lazy boy recliners and a more intimate sound setup. Action films sound like your right in there.

We will be seeing it non 3D.

Early reviews from critics seem exceptionally positive. Guillermo del toro is on fantastic form and think he is set to deliver the goods again with this movie.

Cant wait!

I'm really excited about this movie as well. Haven't bought the tickets yet though. I hate going to opening weekends. I can wait a few more days.

The reviews thus far have been positive. The premise is simple, fun and engaging. No Oscar performances expected but word is the acting is suitable for what this is. A summer blockbuster.

I am frothing for Pacific Rim. As an anime and kaiju fan from way back, I could not be more excited to be honest. My brother has booked gold class seats for us!

Deep down I want it to be the live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but from viewing some interviews with del Toro, I think it's still going to be pretty special.

Very encouraged by what I am hearing about it. So far this has been the summer of No Blockbusters as Star Trek, World War Z, Lone Ranger and Man of Steel have all come and gone with zero fanfare... Fingers crossed.

I am frothing for Pacific Rim. As an anime and kaiju fan from way back, I could not be more excited to be honest. My brother has booked gold class seats for us!

Deep down I want it to be the live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but from viewing some interviews with del Toro, I think it's still going to be pretty special.

Wow! I was thinking the exact same thing man!! Although I think a Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie is said to be in the works but stuck in development hell, the same thing happened to Akira but it got canned ultimately.

Going to see it tomorrow, can't effin wait!

It sucks to be over here when all the good movies come out, you have to wait until the Afghans get bootleg copies to see anything and then they suck so you can't follow the damn thing rant over. Either way looks to be a good syfy movie.

Wow! I was thinking the exact same thing man!! Although I think a Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie is said to be in the works but stuck in development hell, the same thing happened to Akira but it got canned ultimately.

Going to see it tomorrow, can't effin wait!

Awww man, one can only dream for Akira. Imagine Ghost in the Shell or Spriggan?

No spoilers until next week, once I have seen it.

I went saw it the other night

AWESOME film!

Its not gonna win any Oscars but the CGI and action sequences were great.

Would def see it again

The only downside to the whole film?

The 2 Australian accents in it are woeful

Ok...

So i went to see it last night. I really dont want to give away any spoilers so I will rate certain aspects of the film out of 10. On a personal note i effin loved it. It was a light hearted robot/monster beat 'em up with epic visuals. Here it goes:

Acting: Fans of sons of anarchy will be in their element with charlie hunham and ron perlman providing two good roles... But dont expect any oscar performances here. 6/10

Story: it feels a bit threw together at points but keeps you captivated throughout, its fairly simple but ultimatley quite engaging. Dont expect any real journeys of character or in depth development but the film makes no excuses, the story dosent take itself too seriously.7/10

Visuals: unreal, just unreal. I read reviews that said the action scenes are rendered in a way that hasnt been done in cinema before and its probably true. Feels like watching a real fast paced anime with some seriously epic fighting on a massive scale. If you think godzilla was destruction then this film will melt your brain. This is what made the film, its worth your while just to see the CGI alone. 10/10

Overall. Just a really cool movie. Acting isnt amazing but it was just great fun to watch. 7/10

Thanks guys

• 2 months later...

I finally saw this. Yeah. The plot is silly but overall I had a good time. I would have liked to see more of the other robots in action but the fight scenes are suitably epic. The scientists are complete twats, which is excellent comic relief. Good stuff. Best film I have seen since Prometheus.

• 2 months later...

Just rented this for a cross country flight...and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a comic book, but one crafted with a real sense of mission and love. Del Toro has done a fine job with this one. Bought it on BD so I can enjoy again.

Wilkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched the movie last night and whilst impressive the effects were, the story was really tacky.

Luckily I love the concept so overall, I liked the movie. I LOVED the setting, especially Honk Kong, with all the dark, rainy weather and neon lighting. Kinda like Blade Runner. ;)