Blackhawks

Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cub. We leave the tavern and stop off at the local cigar store for the walk home. We grab a Davidoff Robusto for about $20 a pop and light up for our walk home. What a tasteless flavorless piece of crap. Even my wife tells me I stink when we arrive home, she's a CC smoker.

So I immediately log into *****int and buy my friend a box of hoyo de monterray epicure #2 from rob. My point is.... What the hell was I thinking buying a cigar not from the Czar. Have a great day everyone

Hey, I thought this was about the Blackhawks!!!

Bummer you got a crap NC.... It's why (sadly) I don't populate my local brick and mortar shops anymore an am quite dedicated to the czar team... To celebrate the stanley cup win i'll also be grabbing a box today....

And what should I smoke to celebrate the win the morning after....?

Yay Chicago! Poetic justice. The Bruins got bounced the way they bounced the Leafs. tongue.png

Not really the same level of comeback, though. I mean, being up 2-1 is a lot different than being up 4-1. I imagine Chicago would have come back from a 10-1 deficit against the Leafs. (The Leafs being that terrible and the Blackhawks being that good.)

The better team certainly won. But I can't stand them. Toews annoys me (I revoked his UND Fighting Sioux cred this season, for whatever that's worth) and I was actually mildly amused to see Shaw take the puck in the face. Couldn't have happened to a better flopper. (And he'll be fine, people - just to stop some hippy from ripping on me for being amused that a player took a puck in the face.tongue.png )

The ice was terrible in Boston last night. Made for some interesting bounces and whatnot. Drove me crazy just watching them.

Looking forward to next season. The Wings will be a much improved team and will be moving to the East, so should be fun beating up on the Leafs and others.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Not really the same level of comeback, though. I mean, being up 2-1 is a lot different than being up 4-1.

True. But I'm equating it to how both teams had it end so suddenly in the late stages. :) I welcome the Red Wings return. Great rivalry.

post-192-0-27260600-1372214437_thumb.jpg

Not really the same level of comeback, though. I mean, being up 2-1 is a lot different than being up 4-1. I imagine Chicago would have come back from a 10-1 deficit against the Leafs. (The Leafs being that terrible and the Blackhawks being that good.)

The better team certainly won. But I can't stand them. Toews annoys me (I revoked his UND Fighting Sioux cred this season, for whatever that's worth) and I was actually mildly amused to see Shaw take the puck in the face. Couldn't have happened to a better flopper. (And he'll be fine, people - just to stop some hippy from ripping on me for being amused that a player took a puck in the face.tongue.png )

The ice was terrible in Boston last night. Made for some interesting bounces and whatnot. Drove me crazy just watching them.

Looking forward to next season. The Wings will be a much improved team and will be moving to the East, so should be fun beating up on the Leafs and others.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Mate, Toews is an absolute superstar. Did you see the assist to level the scores? And yes, I'm a Blackhawks fan. And yes, I'll be buying a new crappy STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS t-shirt to parade around town. The one from 2010 is getting a little old!

It was a fantastic series. I've been a Hawks fan for each of my 36 years on the planet. Haven't missed a game in over 7 years and I've got to say I can't believe we've won the cup twice in 4 years. I never thought I'd see that hapen. Awfully glad it did though

Even though I was pulling for the bruins I am quite happy with the outcome, in my eyes no player in the NHL deserved to hoist the cup more than Jamal "Jama" Mayers. I'm glad he and Handzus were among the first three to have the honor of hoisting Lord Stanley. Also glad to see coach kitch win a cup behind the bench with coach Q.

Mate, Toews is an absolute superstar.

Of course he is. He played college hockey here in town. He was the best player the Fighting Sioux had in a long time. But that doesn't mean I have to like the guy. Cindy Crosby has talent, too. But I can't stand him, either... what with the high heel skates and all. :P

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

post-192-0-77174200-1372222425_thumb.jpg

Of course he is. He played college hockey here in town. He was the best player the Fighting Sioux had in a long time. But that doesn't mean I have to like the guy. Cindy Crosby has talent, too. But I can't stand him, either... what with the high heel skates and all. tongue.png

Cheers,

Greg

Then you'll absolutely hate this pic of Toews and 'The Face of American Hockey' and 'MVP'peace.gif

Meh. Chicago has 5 Stanley Cup championships now. That's cute. Come back when you've got double digits. Detroit has 11, Toronto has 13, and Montreal has 23. 5. How precious.

Chicago is still sitting at the kiddies table. Boston is at the head of the kiddies table with 6 Stanley Cup wins. Chicago will need to win two more before Boston wins another and then the Blackhawks will be sitting at the head of the kiddies table. Aim high! smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

wingsbanners-vi.jpg

Meh. Chicago has 5 Stanley Cup championships now. That's cute. Come back when you've got double digits. Detroit has 11, Toronto has 13, and Montreal has 23. 5. How precious.

Chicago is still sitting at the kiddies table. Boston is at the head of the kiddies table with 6 Stanley Cup wins. Chicago will need to win two more before Boston wins another and then the Blackhawks will be sitting at the head of the kiddies table. Aim high! smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

wingsbanners-vi.jpg

Spoken like a true bitter DeeTroit fan! See you in the finals next year. We will be hanging another banner.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

wingsbanners-vi.jpg

)

I'm a Richmond Tigers fan in the AFL (Aussie Rules which is massive in Melbourne) We have won 10 titles but haven't featured for quite a while. I, too, use the 'more championships than you' defence. I feel your pain innocent.gif

Spoken like a true bitter DeeTroit fan! See you in the finals next year. We will be hanging another banner.

I can't honestly say I'm bitter. Wouldn't be accurate to say that. Hard to be bitter when the team has made the playoffs for 22 consecutive seasons. Even during a rebuilding year (if you want to call it that) they pulled it off. Sure would have been nice if the boys hadn't choked the way they did when they were up 3 games to 1 over Chicago... but Chicago proved to be the better team. I recognize and acknowledge Chicago's talent and give credit where credit is due. But, again, that doesn't mean I have to like the bums.

I do bleed red and white, though. No doubt about that.

Cheers,

Greg

I can't honestly say I'm bitter. Wouldn't be accurate to say that. Hard to be bitter when the team has made the playoffs for 22 consecutive seasons. Even during a rebuilding year (if you want to call it that) they pulled it off. Sure would have been nice if the boys hadn't choked the way they did when they were up 3 games to 1 over Chicago... but Chicago proved to be the better team. I recognize and acknowledge Chicago's talent and give credit where credit is due. But, again, that doesn't mean I have to like the bums.

I do bleed red and white, though. No doubt about that.

Cheers,

Greg

Yep, your Red wings have been far more successful than my Richmond Tigers. We've made the finals (playoffs) only twice in 29 years. Maybe this year....maybe. All the best mate - nice sparring with ya! peace.gif

All the best mate - nice sparring with ya! peace.gif

Indeed! Always fun ribbin' another fan. :)

Cheers,

Greg

I think it's 24.

You are correct, sir.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/trophy/Stanley-Cup

Thanks for making sure I give the Habs that additional Stanley Cup. Not like they need another one... but 'tis good to be accurate. smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~