the monumental stupidity never ends - rugby, league, cricket etc etc

just seen that a warrant has been issued for the arrest of digby for some assault. mind-bogglingly stupid. we've seen the antics of cooper, beale, o'connor etc etc.

follows warner attacking an english cricketer.

toss in league where nsw has two players missing from origin - one for drink driving w/out a licence being four times the legal level, and the other for a sexual assault. one from qld may follow for assault. and god knows how many just from the club comp.

the afl has one out for rape.

until administrators just start ripping up contracts, and there is some agreement amongst them for other teams not to immediately step in with even bigger contracts, it will never stop.

Agree Ken,there paid too much money& think there untouchable!Too much time on there hands

Maybe a 3 strike rule & your out, or even 2 if it's real bad,not sure but i'm sick & tired of hearing about this **** every week time for tough love!

does that make it any better though? and in addition to the incident being in march, my understanding (or at least the report i saw) was because he has now failed to appear?

and to be honest, he has been charged with assault. what the hell is he doing playing anyway?

if the aru had a spine, he'd be suspended from all rugby till it was sorted (although from memory, beale was charged last year and that was largely swept under the carpet as well; and of course, dear old quade and burglary). mind you, if the aru had a spine, we wouldn't have deans.

If I'm honest it's this type of thing which has pushed me away from watching sport for over a year or so now. I wouldn't mind if the idiots were punished the same as if we had done these things but I'm just fed up of the non-stop rapes, drugs busts, cigars being put out in people's eyes, people being shot with air rifles, speeding with no license etc etc and no prosecution at all, just slaps on the wrist.

If I'm honest it's this type of thing which has pushed me away from watching sport for over a year or so now. I wouldn't mind if the idiots were punished the same as if we had done these things but I'm just fed up of the non-stop rapes, drugs busts, cigars being put out in people's eyes, people being shot with air rifles, speeding with no license etc etc and no prosecution at all, just slaps on the wrist.

agree entirely - combine all of those items with gross-overpayment and it has been a huge obstacle for me to follow any sports. and that isn't to say that I think market forces should be stopped - athletes should be compensated accordingly, but when criminals are making millions, I'm not interested in supporting it.

plus, I'd rather compete myself than watch, even if I'm not in the big leagues.

I'm not even too bothered about the wages, yes they are obscene but there are worse things in the world. It's the fact that they are completely untouchable and even if they are found guilty it's something silly like a £5000 fine from the courts to a multi-millionaire

I remember a year or so ago a manager here was caught speeding, something crazy fast but the judge let him off because he agreed with the argument that if the manager lost his driving licence or was jailed then the football team would loose games and possibly be relegated causing distress to fans, so in the best interest of the public he should be let off!

http://www.dailymail...riving-ban.html

public stocks...

This was the kind of thing that drove me away from fottball.

The premier league is now some kind of entity whose parts exist in their own world, away and above the rest of us...the players are not too bright multi millionaires, who do as they please with no fear of the reprimand.

Sadly idolised by kids, who only want to be premiership footballer, for the fame and money.

They live in this happy existance, because nobody wants to kill the massive cash cow..

Cricket and Rugby, although they are rapidly becoming more commercial, still return a bit of decorum, or they are at least light years behind football in the scumbag stakes.