Lisbon, Portugal

Did a search but nothing really came up. I Will be going in SEPT and was wondering if anybody had any specific shops that stood out? Also how are the prices there?

I'll be going this fall as well, and been doing the same search without any result. Price wise Im not too optimistic though - from a Quick Google search it seems to me, that prices are higher than fx germany, where I have the chance to shop every now and then. Would also love to hear recommendations for shops

semi I would bet dollars to donuts that the prices are set by the goverment just as they are in Spain, France, Andorra, and Italy.

The prices will be about the same give or take a few euros with the exception of Andorra where prices are super cheap!

Update; There are two LCDH's on Madeira Island off the coast of Portugal. This island is part of Portugal.

The first store in located in the town of Canico and the second is located in Funchal not far from Canico.

This is a small island with many tourists so there should be no problem getting there. Also both stores are fully bonded

and the one in Funchal is duty free. PM me and I'll give you the website addresses and you can take it from there.

Looked up the LCDH in both cities just a little too far I'm only there 4 days and the closet one is 200+ miles from Lisbon. I was just going to look for a regional. Thanks guys will PM for stores in Lisbon

Update; There are two LCDH's on Madeira Island off the coast of Portugal. This island is part of Portugal.

The first store in located in the town of Canico and the second is located in Funchal not far from Canico.

This is a small island with many tourists so there should be no problem getting there. Also both stores are fully bonded

and the one in Funchal is duty free. PM me and I'll give you the website addresses and you can take it from there.

It's worth bearing in mind that although Madeira is part of Portugal, it's closer to Morocco than Lisbon. It's a 90 minute flight from Lisbon to Funchal.

It's worth bearing in mind that although Madeira is part of Portugal, it's closer to Morocco than Lisbon. It's a 90 minute flight from Lisbon to Funchal.

yup takes me a little too far from my path for only 4 days there.lol

• 1 year later...

I found the cigar shop Casa Havaneza in Chiado Square (next to Braliziliana Cafe). Cigars wise they don't have anything too special. Have a good collection of humidors and jars though. Bloody expensive stuff though, all in euro prices. Cigars are all sealed as well and they don't like you opening boxes. This place had a nice rage of pipes though. Very good pipe store, but not much pipe tobacco for some reason (they only had about 5 or 6 different types of pipe tobacco)

The other place i found cigars was at El Corte Ingles. On the ground floor in one place there is a small cigar shop with more non cubans than cubans but have the usual cuban stock. Again nothing to call home about.

Airport as you're flying out had a very small humidor. Again nothing special, mostly 10 count boxes and all sealed.

Overall nothing to write home about from what i found but if you need one or two to get you through your stay then they are available.

• 4 weeks later...

In my experience El Corte Ingles is the best. They have the Regional Punch and prices are fixed anywhere you buy in Portugal.

Keith.

Ya, I think I found this to be accurate when I visited.