I have been through 30% of a Por Larranaga Petit Corona cab over the last few weeks.

My God...8 cigars have been pure sugarcane...I love that sweet hit in a cigar. Others have been good...yet these specimens have been brilliant. From the first third they explode in that intense sweetness.

How I would love to sit down with the blender to work out how he does it spotlight.gif

I get that profile from my Trini Reyes sticks. '09 HQ. Love it!

I have been through 30% of a Por Larranaga Petit Corona cab over the last few weeks.

My God...8 cigars have been pure sugarcane...I love that sweet hit in a cigar. Others have been good...yet these specimens have been brilliant. From the first third they explode in that intense sweetness.

How I would love to sit down with the blender to work out how he does it spotlight.gif

How long have you left this cab rest? I have gotten this sweetness mixed with the "mongrel" you've spoken of, but not sure about sugarcane. (I have yet to chew on a stalk of cane tho)

Many cabs of these kicking around or are they consistent enough to buy blind?

I would be happy to recommend buying blind Most months. Just hit that spot recently and have taken note of wrapper/aroma at cold to try and Identify another cab with the same trait for myself. not easy...keep in mind 8 of 19 met the profile.

I love that profile, I seem to get it in Boli PC more than most, when it comes it's just a delight

I have been getting that from the PL Robusto RE lately as well

x2 I had one yesterday and it was there in spades, that final third is really starting to open up now too, that brooding darkness is starting to get more refined and smooth

Have a cab of PLPC's that have been shared with Tino amongst others, dense and defo sugar cane, rough looking "rustic" stocks but man do they smoke and taste great!

Ditto, Rob. I've been getting that in your HQ picks in PLPC from 2010 onwards. Great stuff. To me, the sugarcane element evolves throughout the cigar into almost a demarra sugar / carmelized cane sugar. Not quite the complete overpowering sweetness and slightly-fake-taste of caramel, but definitely carmelized cane sugar.

I've had two recently and was definitely more "mongrel" than sugarcane.. Both had extremely tight draws too so I wasn't paying as much attention. Maybe I need to order a handful more of singles of this and make a decision. 50 cab is just too much commitment unless I know I love it.