Cuban Cigars which are not easy to get

Hi everyone,

does anybody have experiences with La gloria cubana or Saint Luis Rey? I tried many cigars also classic cigars you reviewed but some classic models which i find in a book are missing. Iam looking for a Saint Luis Rey Churchill or a La Gloria Cubana Tainos. I am looking for especially old models.

Thanks for answering.

Welcome to the forum ag794516. Lots of helpful folks around here once you get to know them. It is always a good idea to post up an intro in the newbie section prior to diving right in with questions. The LGC line is especially hard to find in recent years.

^ x2

Inmensos are easy to come by but you may have to travel a little. You can find them in Spain namely Barcelona.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for your answers so far. I will fly to Cuba next year. Many people said to me that i should not buy cigars there, because of bugs. Also many told me to buy some there because of the price.

Shure i want to save money but i want some old styled cuban cigars. Not even this new fashioned models. Classic cigars like Partagas Lusitanias...

Have anybody of you bought in Cuba?

never heard anyone say that one shouldn´t buy cigars in cuba. Best cigar place ive been ever. hotel nacional and the partagas factory was great places to buy, but theres a lot of other places disribed here on the forum - ca has a guide to cuban cigar shops, accessible from their website

Some guys told me not to buy cigars there but i would. has anybody experiences of prices there??

I'd say he meant, dont buy cigars from Cuba off the street

If you're in Cuba you'd be mad not to visit a La Casa Del Habano and grab a couple of sticks

Only buy from a LCDH though, regardless of how may people grab you off the street and tell you how thier cousin/brother/sister/uncle works at a factory and can get you sticks cheap. They're fake and, on some occations, filled with things you'd rather not put in your mouth

If you can travel go to Andorra a little country between Spain and France. There are two cigar shops in the main town

and one of the shops has the largest humi. in Europe. Not only that but they have smokes dating back 10 to 20 years

which you can guess are out of production. On top that they have the best prices in the world maybe even cheaper than Cuba.

I have the price list and when I contacted them they told me the law does not allow them to ship smokes from the store.

Right now I'm smoking a Boli 108 from Spain arrivied today with La Gloria Inmensos (10) and a box of Vegas Robaina Maestro

(10) also from Spain. If you can't get to Andorra get to Spain make friends with a cigar shop owner and he will

be more than happy to ship you smokes. The law in Spain is the same as Andorra but in Spain they could give a ****!

Happy hunting!

If you can travel go to Andorra a little country between Spain and France. There are two cigar shops in the main town

and one of the shops has the largest humi. in Europe. Not only that but they have smokes dating back 10 to 20 years

which you can guess are out of production. On top that they have the best prices in the world maybe even cheaper than Cuba.

I have the price list and when I contacted them they told me the law does not allow them to ship smokes from the store.

Right now I'm smoking a Boli 108 from Spain arrivied today with La Gloria Inmensos (10) and a box of Vegas Robaina Maestro

(10) also from Spain. If you can't get to Andorra get to Spain make friends with a cigar shop owner and he will

be more than happy to ship you smokes. The law in Spain is the same as Andorra but in Spain they could give a ****!

Happy hunting!

Your last sentence say it all. I was just in Madrid and Barcelona and hit every shop I could find bought about 20 boxes of stuff and was shipping daily back to the states people at the post office knew as soon as I walked in what to expect from me. To my surprise every package made it home no problems.

I was just in Madrid and Barcelona and hit every shop I could find bought about 20 boxes of stuff and was shipping daily back to the states people at the post office knew as soon as I walked in what to expect from me. To my surprise every package made it home no problems.

What these tobacconists are doing for their customers is completely illegal and very risky. Talking about it on a public forum is just a bad idea, you're not doing them a favor.

What these tobacconists are doing for their customers is completely illegal and very risky. Talking about it on a public forum is just a bad idea, you're not doing them a favor.

What are they doing that's Illegal selling them to me, are they supposed to ask me what country I'm from first ???

What I was implying about the postal workers is they knew to expect packages from me since they seen me everyday for 4 days straight mailing packages. They had no Idea what was in the packages since they were already packed before I walked into the post office.

Smallclub you are not getting it. Andorra's prices alone would make me go there. The out of production smokes they sell

are just about all of the smokes deleted by Habanos in the past 10 years or longer and get this they don't charge extra for the aged smokes! Forget about the Germans they are going to charge you an arm and a leg for any out of production smokes.

Heck I have the website for 5th Ave, muy costoso!

I think the people telling you to not buy cigars in Cuba mean, don't buy boxes and bring them back because they don't freeze cigars intended to be sold in Cuba. From the information available the cigars for export are frozen to kill the beetles and the domestic stock are not. If you buy in Cuba and bring them back to Germany I would 100% recommend freezing them to kill any beetles once you get home. But buying cigars to enjoy in Cuba is a no brainer. . . have a great trip!