Havana trip for a 3rd year budding aficianado

Heading to Havana in Apr and cant wait to hit the LCDH's and see what i can find.... Wondering if there are any boxes or cigars in particular i should look out for....

Previous Cuba trip Boxes purchased

Partagas P2 2010 and 2012 Loved the 2010's the 12's i think need some time pretty average

Partagas D4's 2010 Great for an impatient smoker with a limited 200ct humidor saved a few till this year and a couple of them have blown me away...

Partagas E2 10ct box pack a punch tons of flavor

Vegas Robaina Unicos 2010 Love them but tended to be a little one note but a very unique profile

RA Extra LE Great cigar also feel they need some time... smoked half the box hit and miss some amazing some would just consider very good

Hoyo Epi 2 2010 & 2011 Great cigar and those i did let sit a year (i know im impatient) were spectacular a few of which were probably some of the best cigars ive smoked...

H.Upmann 46's 2009 great flavor but the box had inconsistent construction and tunneling problems

Hoyo (forget the vitola no bands tho) box code 00 Horrible construction and a bit dry just started trying them after 9months in the humi.. again brutal draw on all of them but one of the most unique flavors ive experiences.. one note but i imagine the age brings out the unique flavor

Not really a huge Cohiba fan.. they take too long to sit and the cost doesnt match the enjoyment level compared to other brands although im looking to try out (if i can find singles) a couple 1966's and or Behike's

Also looking to try this trip

Monte 520LE

Partagas Lusitanias

H.Upmann Sir Winston

I suppose i prefer a stronger or more flavorful cigar however what I like best are cigars that develop and transition unfortunately ive found that takes time which im not particularly good at doing... like many others started off with Monte's but now i find most of them a bit weak for my liking but still classic

Also if anyone has any Havana hunting tips esp. for singles please let me know...

Thanks guys appreciate any info you can provide

Single Customs would be the go for me over the first few days.

Most Divans have a plentiful supply. Find a blend you like, talk to the roller. Congratulate them, tell them you loved their cigar.Order some more and maybe something a little special ok.gif

Most Divans have a plentiful supply. Find a blend you like, talk to the roller. Congratulate them, tell them you loved their cigar.Order some more and maybe something a little special ok.gif

I thought the rollers had been pulled out of the casas ?

Of course customs are great but you simply can't go wrong with 520's. If you can, you may find some H. Upmann Royal Robustos that are also quite a steal. Have a great trip!

Agreed, I think it was 75 CUC in November when we went too. Didn't buy any though, so I'm not 100% without checking a factura.

But, I agree with others. I'd say look to buy those, or other LCDH releases (RA Superiores were some of what I grabbed). That, and of course, customs - if you can find them decently enough.

Agreed with Rob. Nothing more special than custom cigars by Cubas top rollers. Probably my most cherished cigars in my collection

We had a couple of bundles of Yolanda's. They were pretty decent, albeit quite wet. Given a chance to dry a touch they are very good.

At a last day lunch we had, Hamlet also brought us some of his massive flying pigs creations.... These things are beasts!!

Interesting... so where do you find these specific roller editions and what prices should i expect to pay..... also how do you go about customizing them? Sorry for the barrage of questions but im intrigued ive been to cuba 5 times and never had any custom roller cigars!

Monsdales are very good this year. Available in the LCDH in Club Habana in Miramar. Quite strong this year but very good tobacco.

Agreed. They were just fabulous in November. I only grabbed a couple of handfuls, and I'm regretting that decision very much, as I only have two or three left already. Can't wait until next November, as I'm going to e-mail Jorge ahead of time, and make sure to load up! :thumbsup::drool:

...At a last day lunch we had, Hamlet also brought us some of his massive flying pigs creations.... These things are beasts!!

Yeah, Rob! He's made those things bigger every year! When I put a couple of those side-by-side, but from different years, it's funny to see how the dimensions have changed. I haven't had one that's really blown me away yet, but I think those are Frank's / "bundwallah's" favourite customs.