Old cigar boxes found.....any info?

I bought these cool older cigar boxes at a flea market near Madeira Beach Fla for a couple bucks. Really cool and decorative.....bought them from an old timer who thought they were really old....i was wondering if anyone knew any details about these boxes??

post-9912-0-05309900-1363557697_thumb.jp

post-9912-0-98116200-1363557960_thumb.jp

post-9912-0-78521900-1363557993_thumb.jp

Not sure if this will help solve the case, but at the Montreal herf I was given this very special cigar. It is also from Tampa. Apparently a very active and wonderful Cuban cigar community decades ago.

post-8371-0-30873300-1363559203_thumb.jp

Fascinating find, Lisa! I have no idea, but if anyone would know, then Tony Hyman at the http://www.nationalc...e/NCM_HOME.html would know. I don't know why that link looks so messed up. He's the curator of the National Cigar Museum and has been featured in various cigar magazines and interviews. The finest resource for American cigar industry accoutrements ever.

Wilkey

Ya tony has tons of info on these boxes. The La corona box were Clear Havanas made in bond with all cuban tobacco, I have a full original box of these.

The Castaneda is a Cuban brand that was smaller production I believe, not much info on.

Not sure on the other ones exactly. Tampa was very active, lots of clear havanas that were being made in many many factories. Some of the Tampa brands are better than others, as for smokable clear havanas.

Lots of history!

Those have to be from before 1950. I've heard the Tampa Nuggets were decent..

I know the factory in Tampa that made those was open for more than 100 years so...yeah, they could be ooooold.

I have a similar box of Garcia y Garcia's that my Mom bought for me at a garage sale. Pretty cool to see the old boxes and sad to think that the nannies will be killing off the packaging art in an effort to save us from ourselves.