I'm heading over to Barcelona soon and was looking at picking up some Spanish REs. I'm familiar with the RA Grandes and VR Maestro, but would be interested to hear which of the boxes below members think I should definitely have or avoid.

Cheers. E.

Punch - Gran Robusto Edición Regional España

Bolívar - 108 Edición Regional España

Sancho Panza - Quijote Edición Regional España

Diplomáticos - Colleccion Privada Edición Regional España

Por Larrañaga - Legendarios Edición Regional España

Hi Wino -

The Boli 108 is an exceptionally good smoke but was thin on the ground when I was in Barca last year at this time.

I picked up a few Quijotes just for the sake of it as I'm not a fan of SP usually. I smoked the first one just a few days ago and was very impressed with it. Really great cigar..massive DC

The Punch is a bit 'meh' IMO but then I'm not a Punch fan at all....

I have a couple of the PLs but I've yet to light them

I think the Dippys ahev only just been released so you should get them no probs

cheers

Steve

PS Gimenos is probably the best shop in Barca...ask to see the cave downstairs as it full of top notch smokes. They even have REs from other countries but you have to ask! I picked up a 50 box of Andorran petit-Robustos

Cheers Steve

The SP was my biggest doubt so many thanks for that

Punch and 'Meh' sounds about right

Re shops - someone mentioned Casa Fuster and Pastor both on the Rambla Catalunya. Do you know these as well?

I'll take a box of each. Thanks.

ok.gif

I'll buy a box of each and keep the Punch for you. You can pick them up on your next trip to London.ok.gif

I also wish I knew more or heard more on the Punch Gran Robustos. I have wanted to pull the trigger on them, but think I might get an cab of RS 11 instead until I hear more.

btw, the price of the Rafael Gonzales Perlas is €60 ($78) in Spain… get some!

+1. The RG Perlas are a fantastic smoke, IMO. I'd certainly look into a box (or more) while there.

I'll agree with Steve on the Boli 108. This is a full-bodied, complex smoke that is worth seeking out. (I'll probably always have a fondness for this particular cigar, as it was my first box of CC's.)

I have a box of the Diplo's in the air and am definitely looking forward to trying them out.