Pyramid Cap

Somebody please help me out here...

A Cuban parejo has a triple cap. Does a pyramid have a one piece wrapper and "cap"? Because of the taper are they able to just keep rolling the wrapper and cap it off without adding any separate pieces?

Please excuse the simple minded question.

I believe I remember seeing a video of the making of some NC figurados. They roll the wrapper until it forms a pointy end and then cap it with small cut out pieces of wrapper. I suspect the same is true for the Cubans.

Yeah from videos I've seen (haven't ticked Cuba of bucket list yet!) They cut a small cap section separately and tuck/glue it under the end of the wrapper and finish the cap off by spiralling it around

Somebody please help me out here...

A Cuban parejo has a triple cap. Does a pyramid have a one piece wrapper and "cap"? Because of the taper are they able to just keep rolling the wrapper and cap it off without adding any separate pieces?

Please excuse the simple minded question.

A triple cap is just all the same piece of tobacco (one piece, cut off from a remaining chunk of the wrapper once that part's done), just wrapped around three different times, on a slight corkscrew, so that you see the three wraps. With a piramide, it's kind of the same process to the application, but just at a much more noticable corkscrew line, due to the point. And the cap tobacco used is from a part of the wrapper that's still connected - it's a flap that's there, the whole body of the wrapper is applied, and then the wrapper is finished around the point too.

Actually when you watch the rollers in the factories it really helps to understand what a wonder our handmake sticks are.

Watch this video

around 31min is the part with the Havana factory rollers.

But it is worth watching the whole thing just to see Alejandro Robina roll a cigar on his leg :) And then smoke it.

The rollers use a round cutter to make the final perfect circle that sits on top of a triple cap. It is easy to take down one of you sticks to reverse engineer how it is made.

Oh and on a number of factory tours I have always stopped in the galleria and just watched. A real pleasure but the rollers just laugh at us white folks who set these sticks on fire. And lastly a fresh from the table stick is a really bad idea on an empty stomach, trust me I know :)

Looks like an interesting video. Thanks.

Well aware of how a triple cap works, though. Trying to specifically determine how a pyramid cap differs from a parejo. From looking at them the pyramid is all one piece, but was hoping someone could confirm. Just thought it was interesting, no big deal really.