Vegas Robaina XV Anniversario RE Canada

Rye

Hi all!

This is my first review post on this forum, and I am still very new to writing reviews.

I have been eagerly awaiting this release since i first read of its conception last June.

y3asy8yg.jpg

I went for a visit at a local B&M, in Calgary, and spotted the box of 10 before it was even unpacked from the days shipment. I coerced the shopkeep to cough up the box and i quickly cut the stickers, took a long deep smell, and started to make my selection, while my friend figured out what they would sell for.

I picked the third from the left.

From the box, and the foot, sweet tobacco, fresh barnyard, and once clipped, it produced an easy draw.

Toast, and light.

ybajy3y9.jpg

Straight out of the gate this cigar is Robaina! Leather, and mild coffee are the initial very well balanced flavors, with a mild strength and medium finish. This cigar is showing youth, but only slightly, with no harshness, or traces of ammonia, just quick flavor shifts. I am greeted with a faint nuttyness, and warm milk.

Into the second.

Oh, the leather! Tastes of cedar develop in a very well balanced delivery for a cigar that was boxed about a month ago. The thick, lush smoke picks up strength to almost a medium by this point, and the coffee taste is getting stronger, but still very smooth.

je2e4a2u.jpg

At the half, I hit a rough patch. Dark black soil, and the retrohale is getting rough. Could this be youth rearing up? Or a bad stem or leaf? Whatever it was, it snuffed the cigar on me! Dammit!

Relight, and purge at the halfway point.

The strength picks up to a medium plus, and I am pulling nuts, more coffee, and a bit of salt on the lips.

I have to quit messing around on IG, and pay attention to this cigar! I give it a touchup and another purge, and its building power like a freight train!

Into the final, no huge changes, but such a buttery smooth smoke. A mild anise is starting in the retrohale, and Mmmm butter! What a finish!

Such a wonderful two hours and fifteen minutes!

I need boxes!

How does Calgary have this before LCDH in Montreal and Toronto? Thats just not fair!

Any pics? Price?

I have a bunch of pics up on another forum (cigarians.com) and my Instagram feed, but I'm too stupid to even figure out how to change my avatar, let alone post up a pic.

As for price, retail they are tagged at $44/stick and $440/box. I payed a bit less than this as I get the "I'm still a sucker and buy retail" discount...

Montreal has it too....$53/stick....and now back to your regular programming...sorry....LOL innocent.gif

After seeing this, I may have to place my order for a couple boxes before they see what LCDH is selling for. I am confident that they will be an amazing cigar in as soon as 2-3 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a bunch of us have been reviewing this cigar lately. Here's mine from a few weeks back....

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113949

This is looking like it has the potential to be a really great cigar with even just a modicum of age on them. To the best of my recollection, I don't think there's been really this much approval and overall anticipation for a Canadian RE since/other than with the Bolivar Simones.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113949

This is looking like it has the potential to be a really great cigar with even just a modicum of age on them. To the best of my recollection, I don't think there's been really this much approval and overall anticipation for a Canadian RE since/other than with the Bolivar Simones.

I have smoked 3, and found the improvement over such a short time impressive. It could be that they are just well adjusted to the climate after travels, but I really think these are, and will be, great gems to have

Great review Rye, i'll defenitly try to get my hands on a couple of these, not a go to marca for me, but if its as good as the robaina petit robaina from a couple years back, i'll be in for a treat

Great review Rye, i'll defenitly try to get my hands on a couple of these, not a go to marca for me, but if its as good as the robaina petit robaina from a couple years back, i'll be in for a treat

Thanks riazp! I find that I seem to be a huge VR fan.