Non-Cuban Recommendation

I would go with the short story MADURO and not natural. (I believe best seller is just a bigger version but I haven't tried it) In fact, I think if you want the best "AF" experience, grab some AF anejos. I have 4 Anejo No. 77's (aka sharks) coming in that I've been waiting to try. If you tend to like natural wrappers though, go with the Opus X. I heard Anejos are pretty much Opus's with a natural wrapper.

IMHO I would recommend Padron 45th Family Anniversary and Oliva V Melanio. Those two cigars to be non-Cuban blew me away with their power, flavor and construction! surprised.gifrolleyes.gif I don't lightly give out kudos to many NC's as I cherish my Habanos. And I do believe in keeping a few NC's in my smoking rotation just so I don't get spoiled by having straight CC's ALL the time. It's like eating only Wagyu beef, Pheasant under glass, Alaskan King crab legs, etc. Every so often I AM going to want a plain ole' hot dog w/mustard, or a great and wonderful little White Castle Hamburger w/extra pickles! Mmmmm! hungry.gif So I believe in keeping "everyday" selections and accoutrements to sample ALL the varieties of life and livin'! ok.gif

Illusione is my favorite NC brand. You can't really go wrong with any of Dion's offerings

Dion does some of the best nc smokes. i love his stuff, and he is a really cool guy. you cant go wrong with any thing from the illusione or epernay lines

Recently finished off a box of Oliva Serie V Maduro Short Robustos, i was quite impressed with them although with a few of them the draw was a little too snug for my liking (like sucking a golf ball through a hose pipe, not massively complex to my unclutured palate but enough bang for your buck.

I dont try to compare NCs to CCs since they are IMO different animals. I enjoy variety and reach into my NC boxes time to time. I can appreciate My Father le bijoux, very nice smoke, AF Anjeo 50s are another of my favorite, Carlos Torano 50 yr exodus, AF hemmingway short story and work of art maduro great as well. I found that most of the time it has to be a premium NC to be a good smoke and a lot of the time great only after age.