Andorra

I tried to respond to Chances thread, but it does not exist anymore????

Anyway,

Cheers Chance,

Your report was very useful.

I sit here in a rather nice bar opposite the best cigar house in Andorra,

having blown some money on a pretty cool stash.

Every cigar head should visit here.

Everything I bought was from 02, and bloody good value, many cigars that aren't freely available...

Happy days.

Cheers Guy, really enjoyed Andorra, we will head off hiking in the Pyrenees tomorrow, before the snow comes, it's a beautiful area.

Lotusguy,

I guess if you have a Lear jet, you could have a day trip to Andorra from Rome...enjoy Rome though, it is a fabulous city!

I hear Andorra is a pain in the ass to get to...I almost went but realized it'd take 15 hours to get there from Paris. 9-10 hours by train and then you need to take a long bus ride from L'Hospitalet through the mountains to finally get to city of Andorra.

Cheers Guy, really enjoyed Andorra, we will head off hiking in the Pyrenees tomorrow, before the snow comes, it's a beautiful area.

Lotusguy,

I guess if you have a Lear jet, you could have a day trip to Andorra from Rome...enjoy Rome though, it is a fabulous city!

Almost went there when I was in the Provence in September but then my buddies wanted a day trip to Monaco instead - BOO!!

• 1 month later...

A little update.

I found The LCDH on the main square at the top of the hill in La Vella, he also has some pretty cool rarities.

But the bad news is, Andorran bars are smoke free, as of dec 1st last year, so we sadly can no longer enjoy a cigar with a drink in a bar...booo.

Perhaps not rare to a keener conoseur than me, but things I cannot find in the UK, not easily.

Tainos, boxes of.

Punch Palmas Reales.

Partagas cellophanes...ie Toppers, Londres extra, Charlottes.

RyJ Clarines.

RA Millefleur.

Party Aristos

RG Lonsdales

Boli Lonsdales.

RYJ Coronas Grandes.

All Dips.

Upmann No 1

etc etc etc...

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I think about the cigar shops in Andorra nearly every week. I'd give anything to get another shot at the stores there, with $2-3K in hand to stock up on all the discontinueds that I love.

I've applied this year for my Master's Degree in London, UK - if I get it, I'll be there for a year and a half starting in late summer '13. I pray that if I do get it, all the cigars I've been dreaming of since I left Andorra will still be there by Fall 2013 for me. I've already told my wife that our first 3 weekend getaways from London will be -

1. Guy (Laficion) in France

2. Nino in Frankfurt

3. Andorra.

She'll be with me for the first two. For #3.....it's up to her - but it'll sure make it easier if she's with me! ;)

Master's in what field?

Wife is ok with you moving your life to London for the next few years?

Naval Architecture - Designing Ships......been my dream for 10 years now, since I went to Military College.

She is......it'll only be 16 months or so - she wouldn't turn down that opportunity! :D Besides......the alternative would be to leave me alone in London for 16 months....innocent.gifsneaky.gifbuddies.gifbuddies.gif

Thanks man - I find out about my acceptance in another month or two...fingers crossed I get in!!!

I hope you do, and I really hope you enjoy London, it is a great city..but expensive!

Take a raincoat.

And take your wife to Andorra....Smuggling cigar boxes can be difficult....and painful.

Good luck mate.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I think about the cigar shops in Andorra nearly every week. I'd give anything to get another shot at the stores there, with $2-3K in hand to stock up on all the discontinueds that I love.

I've applied this year for my Master's Degree in London, UK - if I get it, I'll be there for a year and a half starting in late summer '13. I pray that if I do get it, all the cigars I've been dreaming of since I left Andorra will still be there by Fall 2013 for me. I've already told my wife that our first 3 weekend getaways from London will be -

1. Guy (Laficion) in France

2. Nino in Frankfurt

3. Andorra.

She'll be with me for the first two. For #3.....it's up to her - but it'll sure make it easier if she's with me! wink.png

So, we've bought all those cigars you were hoping for in Andorra....!wink2.gif well, there may be some left...

Also called in to see Guy and Monique near Nimes, and we were welcomed like old friends.

It's testament to their hospitality, they welcomed two strangers in a van into their home, made us dinner, and the good times rolled.

You know you're having a good time when suddenly it's dark outside.

I was touched by how nice it is that this forum has led to meeting some great people on the way round, and surely that is what this forum should be about.

I was also touched by Guy telling of the messages of support from all of you chaps around the world.

Mostly it was great to talk cigars with someone who has spent 40 years smoking them..and who knows more about them than I will ever.

As someone once said, Amicalement!

I hope you do, and I really hope you enjoy London, it is a great city..but expensive!

Take a raincoat.

And take your wife to Andorra....Smuggling cigar boxes can be difficult....and painful.

Good luck mate.

We are looking forward to it......but waiting to hear back before getting our hopes up!

She may need to help me in Andorra - we shall see!

What - were you 12 when you started at RMC then!?!?!?!?! biggrin.pngwink.pngtongue.pngstir.gif

SIR!!!!! biggrin.pngdevil2.gif

.....Not helping your case there, Keith!

So, we've bought all those cigars you were hoping for in Andorra....!wink2.gif well, there may be some left...

Also called in to see Guy and Monique near Nimes, and we were welcomed like old friends.

It's testament to their hospitality, they welcomed two strangers in a van into their home, made us dinner, and the good times rolled.

You know you're having a good time when suddenly it's dark outside.

I was touched by how nice it is that this forum has led to meeting some great people on the way round, and surely that is what this forum should be about.

I was also touched by Guy telling of the messages of support from all of you chaps around the world.

Mostly it was great to talk cigars with someone who has spent 40 years smoking them..and who knows more about them than I will ever.

As someone once said, Amicalement!

Wonderful to hear of your visit with Guy and Monique - they are truly two of the most hospitable people I've ever met, and a joy to spend time with anywhere. And yeah - you truly feel in the company of a cigar legend when you talk with Guy, don't you? His experience is something no book can relate, and no picture can exhibit.....he's seen it all!