It's getting cold around these parts.....time for Chili!

I love the american "Chilli" thing. Just that "Chilli" represents a whole dish so many people are so passionate about having their own spin on. Don't know why but gives me a kick.

Been dying to get my hands on some beef cheek lately and do something gnarly with that, I just havent really had the time. Although I've been dying to do it for like 3 months.. When your busy your busy I guess. :(

Went to a chilli cook off today, had some good and some bad chilli. Best was a pulled pork and bacon chilli topped with a bacon wrapped perogy. Worst? That was a "japanese inspired" chilli that got its heat from ginger. Some things should never be.

You had me at bacon and perogy. I gotta say Brazo your chilli sounds good but it's not chilli unless it has kidney beans at the very least.

What????????? It is against state law to even have one bean in your chili in Texas and still call it chili. You my friend are referring to stew!

After 9 hours or slow cooking and love, my award winning Prime Tenderloin Texas Chili is finished. Easily the best Chili you will ever eat!!!

post-8544-13514916981943.jpg

What is your favorite cold weather meal?

You sure your not from the Midwest? Best chilli I've ever had is from my lady who's from WI. Yours looks pretty dang good tho!

• 1 month later...

Brazo, I tried your recipe earlier this week and it was awesome! My mom thought it was too spicy, but, my dad and I thought it was just right.

Awesome, I'm glad you liked it. Spice is relative to eveyones different palate.