The Xikar Tech lighter

I have been known on this forum to bag Xikar lighters, i absolutley lover their cutters and punches but nearly every xikar lighter ive owned has ended up needing replacing. They do offer a lifetime warranty which is great, you send the lighter back and recieve a brand new one in a few weeks. This is all well and good but ultimatley i just want my lighters to work. I have a chrome ST dupont maxijet that has never failed me but i use it at home only, i want something cheaper but effective to bring out with me or on holidays etc.

About 10 months ago, xikar released the tech lighter in order to compete with the already popular blazer pb-207 and little buddy models. My. Girlfriend bought me two given their low cost and i can honestly say my faith has been restored in xikar. Both lighters are working flawlessly and i have really been putting them through their paces, i was even using one so much to the extent i wanted to make it fail, just to prove a point to myself that this would eventually happen...

Well it didnt, and both lighters have continued to serve me well.

The reason i write this article is because since the techs release last year, xikar have announced that it has been the biggest and fastest selling lighter they've ever made. So much so they are now releasing the tech in double and triple flame versions.

The pros of the tech are:

Massive fuel tank.

Big adjustment knob

No child-lock like blazer products

Protective flip cap

Mirror on inside of flip cap to check burn (if thats your thing)

Very powerful and consistent flame.

Very robust.

Have a look for yourselves...

http://xikar.com/products/lighters/tech/

So there you have it. A cost effective xikar lighter i can thoroughly reccomend. I will be picking up a triple flame model myself, and as always i maintain that i have never bagged xikar as a company, just some of their products. Their cutters are still the best out there in my opinion.

Thanks for reading and happy smoking.

Could not agree more. Cutters are great and can scalp that end cap off perfectly. Noticed on some reviews that people murder cigars upon cutting. Had also given up on Xikar lighters, will have to check it out thanks.

I've had two Xikar lighters and both of them have worked flawlessly. The double flamed Enigma and the triple flamed Trezo. I love them.

I also have a Colibri Providence (triple flame) that I bought about 8 months ago nd it is already showing signs of failure... And built quality also is subpar.

Really like my ST Dupont Maxijet as well.