Another piece of ceramic ...

Just reserved this beautiful piece of Spanish Cordoba ceramic :

post-4742-0-91453500-1343131745.jpg

A special release celebrating 375 years of Spanish Estancos, limited to 2200 pieces, 14 MC Edmundos, 200 €

post-4742-0-92270000-1343131749.jpg

Pictures sent by a good friend who reserved mine.

Link to more info : http://cigarroshabanos.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/montecristo-edmundo-375-aniversario.html

Nino

I like it! Maybe there are still some left when I am back in Spain in February ;)

14 sticks, though? What an odd number to chose :confused:

I like it! Maybe there are still some left when I am back in Spain in February ;)

14 sticks, though? What an odd number to chose :confused:

Buy it for your girlfriend on Valentine's Day.

I think I am going to add one to my humble collection.

I just love Jars :yes:

It's already been added to your collection, you "lucky" Belgian ............:rotfl:

Another reason for a nice quiet lunch meeting :hungry: half way !!

Spain gets all kinds of special re-packaging the rest of the world doesn't.

Nice looking jar Nino, enjoy! :thumbsup:

Danke Herr J.

you're right, there are really a series of interesting and sometimes attractive special re-packaging for the Spanish market that are worth looking into, as the prices are mostly the prices paid for just the cigars, but you get travel humidors ( like the MC 4 travel case ) or other nice packages or this piece of porcelain - I mean, the price is really not exhuberant, you might say the jar is thrown in as a goodie ....

I would do that but my wife might disapprove :innocent::D

OK, that requires a slight change in planning : how about some diamonds for the wife and she buys you the jar on Feb. 14-th ?? :idea:

@ Nino :

You're right. It's the perfect occasion to meet again for a nice meal and an even nicer cigar.

If things continue like this I'll have to change my name here into "Lucky Belgian" :lol3:

Vielen Dank mein Freund.

Nice meals and nicer cigars are always perfect occasions to share, Mr Z.

The next lunch we'll share should be one of those days .... with or without porcelain ........... :thumbsup:

Freue mich !!

you're right, there are really a series of interesting and sometimes attractive special re-packaging for the Spanish market that are worth looking into...

Is this a matter of request by the Spanish distributor(s), Altadis related, or......?

Is this a matter of request by the Spanish distributor(s), Altadis related, or......?

Good question, Colt,

from what I've heard in Spain during my visits it's indeed a tradition and habit but also a request to maintain this practice to Altadis seems logical as it's quite a large market.

Cigars are commonly enjoyed in Spain and also are very popular as presents, so the nicer the package looks the better. It encourages sales.

More so on special occasions like X-mas, Easter, b'days, weddings and baptisms - or bullfights and whathaveyou.

This is the only market I've seen that has a lot of special packaging, but the price of the cigars is basically the same as if you'd buy them in a regular box. Only that you get a nice travel case, a humidor, a 3-finger cigar case, a cube-cum-humidor or a jar thrown in.

Might be a clue as to all the EL's, ER's and other marketing gimmicks by HSA under Altadis, only that they are quite expensive and not thrown in ....

Then again, the Spanish market is a monopoly, prices are set by the government, are the same in all shops and ruled by Tabacalera SA which makes the whole thing even more bizarre ..........

Some examples of SMS - Spanish Market Specials :

http://www.flyingcig...et_specials.php

http://www.flyingcig...ls_part_two.php

Nino

from what I've heard in Spain during my visits it's indeed a tradition and habit but also a request to maintain this practice to Altadis seems logical as it's quite a large market....

Thanks Nino - it's an interesting kind of sidebar - for lack of better term, for what can be done for / in various markets.

Mexican Dantes..? :)

• 2 weeks later...