Entreactos....Which one would you...

The Hoyo du Maire is an entreacto too. It's the one I don't like and it suffers from random construction.

The RyJ is usually the stronger one, and the ERDM the most complex. They both age very well.

I love them but their price has increased substantially recently (everywhere, not only online), which removes much of their appeal…

Huge fan of ERDM Demi Tasse here. Did not like the HDM Du Maire that I've had (even though they were aged 10+ years). I had one very enjoyable RyJ Petit Julieta that was so good that I ordered a box (which is still resting from transport).

AFAIK, those are the only 3 still readily available.

I grabbed Claus' box of Du Maires cause he wasn't digging them. The first Two I smoked where awful. Like licking a nasty oak tree. Last 5 though have been magically creamy without the wood. Love them lately. Good 20 minute smoke. About to order the demi tasse, so no opinion yet on those.

I'd throw the Monte Joyita in the mix, too. While just a bit longer than a true entreacto, it's an even thinner ring gauge. I find they express the best of the Montecristo profile.

If you expand to the Laguito #3 size, then by all means the best are Punch Margaritas. I never had a Monte Joyita that even remotely gave me joy :lookaround:

Punch Margaritas are of the carolinas vitola. They are longer than a Laguito #3.

Yup - I stand corrected - was too lazy to check CCW before posting.

They are still 1000x better than Joyitas, though :D

a bit late but for future reference:

i have about a half dozen boxes' experience with each of the three over the years

and... it all depends on the box (not helpful i know).

they can all be good when well rolled (plugs a frequent problem with this format) and surprisingly, they all need age to really deliver. but of course, this only works when the box in question has good tobacco. I have never had a stellar Petit Julieta but have had mouthwatering ERDMs and HdMs.

in sum: best not to buy blind. (Rob will sort you out if you go to czars.) put some away for ageing at least a year if they are fresh.

hope you enjoy the ones you got!

Well ordered some of both

As for the Margaritas, having a hard time finding them....

PM sent regarding where you can source those out.

a bit late but for future reference:

i have about a half dozen boxes' experience with each of the three over the years

and... it all depends on the box (not helpful i know).

they can all be good when well rolled (plugs a frequent problem with this format) and surprisingly, they all need age to really deliver. but of course, this only works when the box in question has good tobacco. I have never had a stellar Petit Julieta but have had mouthwatering ERDMs and HdMs.

in sum: best not to buy blind. (Rob will sort you out if you go to czars.) put some away for ageing at least a year if they are fresh.

hope you enjoy the ones you got!

I guess the good news is that these are not high volume sellers so if you buy a box, the likelihood is high that it will have at least a couple of years on it already.

• 5 months later...