Wedding Anni. Smoke?

Title pretty much says it all. Im getting married this Sunday and would like to purchase a box soon to start aging where I could pull 1 a year from on our anniversary.

After much consideration of wow factor and consistency it seems that two great choices would be the Sir Winnie or the Trini Fundadores.

I generally go after the grassy, honey, sweeter but still full flavored smokes.

Any opinions on the matter?

Congratulations!!! Now is your chance to get the TF's, but try to get ones that are a couple of years old - unless this year's date on the bottom is a criteria for your choice.

I don't know about the Fundadores but the Sir Winston are not grassy, more leathery and strong-tea like. Their construction is exceptional and they can age for as long as you can wait to enjoy them!

Best,

Michel

Both are great cigars. If I had the time I would get 1-2 of each smoke them and decide which currently would seem to have the legs to age if you are talking 1 a year over a few years.

My vote is for Sir Winston - they have LEGS to age... The couple of 2002s that I had were to die for and they had plenty of potential left :2thumbs:

I have a box of 09 Sir Winnies and they are great. From many reports on this forum, they are a consistently great cigar.

You may have trouble getting an equally great box of Trini Fundadores. From what I hear, lots of inconsistency after they stopped being rolled at El Laguito factory.

The Partagas Lusis have also been suggested. Another excellent option.

Whilst the Sir Winnies and Lusis are great their flavour profiles couldn't be described as grassy, honey, sweet. You're talking Cohiba Esplendidos or Siglo range for that.

Best wishes and congratulations for your forthcoming wedding.

Cheers,

Mark

Although Sir Winnies are my favorite smoke I would not recommend them because they don't fit the flavor profile you are seeking. Never had a TF so can't comment on them.

Now also considering the Cohiba Lanceros.

Im leaning towards the fundies for some reason....

I haven't tried the Lanceros but should have mentioned them along with the Esplendidos and Siglos. From the reviews on this forum, I believe Lanceros also have the familiar Cohiba grassy, honey, sweet taste. I think you need to be more carefull about construction with the long skinnies.