Let's Talk Ash

So here I am thinking I might actually know something about Cuban cigars and then I watch a video Ajay from London posted on his YouTube page. In the video he is celebrating the second anniversary of his shop and passes around a box of 1991 PSD4's to the group assembled. A fantastic video, but I noticed some off the cuff comments about how "white" the ash was on the cigars. The way in which it was mentioned made me think the smokers thought that a very good thing. While watching another video, maybe about the Montecristo Millennium Robusto, he makes mention to the white ash again as a sign of excellent aging. So here are my questions:

Does a white (ish/er) ash on a Cuban cigar signify anything associated with the quality of the tobacco and/or how well it was aged? Does the white ash signify the tobacco came from a particularly well thought of region on the island? Is this a very sought after element in a finely aged Cuban cigar?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Yeah for the record, I dont really care what colour my ash is as long as the cigar tastes good and is enjoyable.

I'm not sure if I believe the theory having a white ash with aged cigars. It hasn't been my experience anyway. From everything that I have learned from my travels to Cuba and visits to farms it has a lot to do with the minerals in the soil.

I tend to believe that ash color has more to do with combustion than most else - the more complete the combustion, the lighter the ash color.

NCs tend to have lighter ash, at least in my limited experience. I always thought it must be due to differences in the physical properties of the leaf. I'm more than likely wrong!