Montecristo Petit Edmundo 2009

I haven't smoked a Monte PE in almost a year, but this morning I pulled one out of a box from 2009 to enjoy with my coffee. Since I smoke so little I usually reach for a bigger stick for no other reason than to relax with one cigar for an hour or two, but what a mistake I have been making!

These Monte PE were good out of the box, but the additional aging has done them wonders. They are a perfect compliment to my strong morning Americano and are Montecristo at its best! I am sad to see Rob has had so few good boxes coming in recently, but if you have any in your humidor from 2009 or earlier they are smoking great right now. They have a sweet woodsy character that was not present a year ago along with a buttery smoothness. I am very happy I put down the bigger stick I had planned to smoke.

Cheers to everyone and happy St. Patricks day. I will be smoking a long and skinny in Tampa's memory later today.

I have smoked a couple of petit edmundos in the last month & pretty much experienced a similar flavour profile. Woody & pretty sweet, with hints of chocolate & pepper - quite enjoyable. Dont know the box code though.

The Monte PE is a great, solid smoke IMO.

Nothing majorly complex, with evolution of flavors etc, but when you don't go in expecting to be blown away, this one wont let you down. At least it hasnt for me yet anyway. Half way through an 08 box, and came across some 2006 10 ct boxes that I'm very much looking forward to.

I have a box from 2009. The cigars look awesome, probably one of the best looking boxes in my collection in terms of aroma, wrapper color (dark) and oiliness. However, last time I sampled one (3 months ago) proved that the box was well into its sick period. Might reach for 1 for tonight's FA Cup game.. Will report back on how the cigar performed

Funny you posted this. While I'm glad you enjoyed your experience, I just had a Monte PE a few nights ago, and I was not pleased at all. Acrid, rancid cigar really. Some definite hits of cream there, cream laden coffee. And while the overall burn, draw, and construction was spot on, it was just a total letdown. From an '08 or '09 box, I believe, and it's be stored impeccably. Maybe just a dud of the box. Haven't touched these for a while, so maybe I just need to try another one when able. I hope these continue to evolve and get better though. I haven't been overly pleased/enthused with this box that I've got on the go for these.